Look What I Sold! Local Brags...

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I don't have linkage yet, so I'll have to come back. But I recently sold my short story, Touch Piece, to the anthology A Bleak New World from Raven International Publishing. I can't wait to see how this antho comes out.

So, the dystopian anthology A Bleak New World will be out next week! If anyone wants to read an ARC copy, let me know. :) PM me your email addy.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
So, the dystopian anthology A Bleak New World will be out next week! If anyone wants to read an ARC copy, let me know. :) PM me your email addy.
Awesome, Soaps! Link us to some ordering info when you have it. :)

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Contract signed, so it's official. I've sold a new novel, FUNGOID, to DarkFuse, my fifth novel sale to them, and the first of a new 3 book contract.

Look out for it in 2016. Day of the Triffids style horror, with a fungal terror eating its way over the planet, apocalyptic mayhem and plucky survivors doing what needs to be done...

PEBKAC2

Will crit for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Willie! Looking forward to some new reading. Using this thread to help fill up my reading list never disappoints.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Awesome, Soaps! Link us to some ordering info when you have it. :)

I have linkage! The antho officially releases tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a link to the blog where some of us have shared the back-stories for our stories. http://gregorylnorris.blogspot.com/2015/10/behold-bleak-new-world.html

And, there's a FB event tomorrow that I'm hoping to be at. I've never done one before so I'm not sure what will be involved there...
But, if any FBers want to check it out, you can find it here. https://www.facebook.com/events/530641870438705/

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Two new novels sold to DarkFuse

https://williammeikleblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/08/2-new-novels-sold-to-darkfuse/

The contracts are signed – I have 2 more novels lined up at DarkFuse, FUNGOID and SONGS OF DREAMING GODS.

FUNGOID is a Hodgsonian, fungal menace takes over the world novel, and SONGS OF DREAMING GODS is another in my weird houses series getting deep into the mythos of how they function. Both novels are set in my current home, Newfoundland, which has started taking as much a hold on my writing as Scotland has over the years.

More particulars as and when I know more.

Jeff C. Stevenson

Author of FORTNEY ROAD
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fortneyroad.com
Just sold my first short story, "The Washing of the Bones" which will be included in the 2016 edition of 9 TALES TOLD IN THE DARK.

I was recently in Greece on a wonderful vacation with 4 friends and the tour guide told of the tradition of exhuming a corpse after 3 years and washing the bones in red wine. If the corpse was all black and not reduced to bones, then the person was burning in hell. Everyone gasped and said, "Yuck" and "Gross!" and I thought, "WOW! WHAT A STORY!"

Several revisions later, it came in at 15,900 words and sold right away. I love when that happens (the story idea out of nowhere) and the sale, of course!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Just sold my first short story, "The Washing of the Bones" which will be included in the 2016 edition of 9 TALES TOLD IN THE DARK.

I was recently in Greece on a wonderful vacation with 4 friends and the tour guide told of the tradition of exhuming a corpse after 3 years and washing the bones in red wine. If the corpse was all black and not reduced to bones, then the person was burning in hell. Everyone gasped and said, "Yuck" and "Gross!" and I thought, "WOW! WHAT A STORY!"

Several revisions later, it came in at 15,900 words and sold right away. I love when that happens (the story idea out of nowhere) and the sale, of course!

Congrats, Jeff. Nothing like selling your first fiction baby.

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Safe bragging here: I don't read reviews because they're my weak spot. The lovely Amber of Me My Shelf and I is running my blog tour for The Redeemers. Every day she's tweeted a wonderful 3-4 word pull quote from each reviewer that I can RT without reading the whole review.

/brag

Congrats, Calla.

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net