awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Quoted from the FAQ section:

What are referrals?

The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.

You gain referrals by promoting Absolute Write Water Cooler using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=154

Each time someone follows this link to Absolute Write Water Cooler and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.

Your administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting Absolute Write Water Cooler by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.

/quote

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Weird thing

is that I have some referrals, and I've never used a personal link to invite people to visit. I think it says I referred Birol and Cate.

Could be fun to implement someday. If I think of some cool prizes. :)

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
You don't have to use a link to invite people, if people have joined because you tell them about this forum they can put your name down as a referral, depending on whether they know your username here, of course.

Jenna, the prizes don't necessarily have to be anything big and you might get donations from some of the other members here if you think about it a bit. There's also an add-on for a forum store whereby members earn forum $$ for posts which they can bank or use to buy items from the store such as changing the look of their screen names plus any items you might want to add.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
There's also an add-on for a forum store

Okay, I've been looking all over and can't find this. I must be looking in the wrong places. It sounds neat... can you point me to a link or something where I can find out how to add it?

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
Status
Not open for further replies.