Your favorite gym music?

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Well I'm changing some things in my playlist right now, so here are a few on mine (though most of these are by no means "new"):

Black Eyed Peas - Pump It
Outkast - Bombs Over Baghdad
BT - Godspeed
Rusted Root - Ecstacy
Interpol - Evil
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
Gwen Stefani - Hollerback Girl
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Jimmy Eats World - In the Middle
Madonna - Like a Prayer
The Killers - Mr. Brightside, Somebody Told Me, and When You Were Young
Pearl Jam - Jeremy
Def Leopard - Pour Some Sugar on Me
Salt N Pepa - Push It
Live - Selling the Drama and The Dolphins Cry
Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
The Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
Weezer - My Name is Jonas

Feel free to share yours 'cause I'm always in the market for good workout music!

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Those are brownies. Not cake. An important distinction.

And I just got back from yoga. Unfortunately, they frown on music there. Listen to your body, concentrate on your body, blah blah blah. I'm gonna try to sneak in some headphones one day.

james1611

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamessomers.blogspot.com
Jay

Jay--Empire was pretty cool...man has it been that long?

I liked silent lucidity, but the title track was very good too. Operation mindcrime may still be their best, but it's been so long since I've heard anything by them. I just don't indulge too much in secular music these days--well at least not metal. The lyrics ruin it all for me.

But I've still got Satch and Vai!

The third track on Crystal planet is pretty cool--may be the title track? Satriani seems to be doing this amazing tapped rhythm if my ears aren't deceiving me...but there's probably echo in it as well that is masking everything he's doing.
Jay, do you know what's going on it that one? It's track 3 on that disc. really cool ending where the double bass kicks in and the tapped rhythm gets out of control.

The conan the barbarian soundtrack is one of my all time favorites--the grand battle themes are unmatched, but it's got a lot of beauty to it as well.

James