Status
Not open for further replies.

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
Thanks. Though I did a crap job spinning it. Too early and only firing o half a cylindar. Nee more COFFEE!

Pike

BTW - I have to say that the earlier "fiends" were quite titilating. Why is it easier to make a fun, wicked, and way cool villain but a bitch to pull off a decent hero?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Heroes are harder to write. I think it's simply because fiends are more fun.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I'm...uh...still murdering kittens in horrible ways.

Not that anybody cares. :cry:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I always believed it was because heros were always hard.

...they better be if they want to....

oh..was that out loud?...sorry.

Damn....now I can't think of it, but there was a book, fantasy, I read a couple years ago, where the hero WAS a fiend. It is just that the other fiends were more fiendish.

Of course that would mean the theme was the redemption of fiends, which would then mean the hero was a hero and not a fiend.

Unless that makes him an anti hero, although whether or not that would allow him to retain his fiend status would be debatable.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
In answer to jaycinth:
yes. Sorceress' seduces young man then reduces him to rat size and his own dog eats him. She detroys lovers by having one burn forever and the other can't do anything to save the partner. She makes one woman take out her own eyes "can you see me now?', another to split her own tongue, 'Quit lisping!' and a third loses body parts. She turns a naiad into steam, evil enuf for ya? :}

Oh, you only keep your fiend status if you pay the yearly dues, buy the cookies and subscribe to the newsletter. >:<

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
As my idea continues to coalesce I seem to have a 'good guy', a 'bad guy' and a fiend.

The 'Bad guy' was my fiends' mentor, and it isn't until the 'bad influence' (if you can call it that) is removed, that my fiend actually starts to develop into a fiend.

At the moment his fiendishness seems to stem from selective and conscious elimination of ethics, coinciding with a developed lack of morals.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
...they better be if they want to....

oh..was that out loud?...sorry.

Damn....now I can't think of it, but there was a book, fantasy, I read a couple years ago, where the hero WAS a fiend. It is just that the other fiends were more fiendish.

Of course that would mean the theme was the redemption of fiends, which would then mean the hero was a hero and not a fiend.

Unless that makes him an anti hero, although whether or not that would allow him to retain his fiend status would be debatable.

...Uh? Was it Casper? ;)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Way to yoink my blood sugar, dawg.

I meant that a normal person...like... uh....

Ummmmm......

Ahhhhhh..........

Jeanne ......would have to have her bell dingged a lot, over several years to get her to go 'Rambo' on someone's ass and then 'Vader' out on society. .....

Whereas you could burn Susie's brownies daily for 60 years and she'd still simply thank you for thinking about baking them for her......

And some of the 'lovely trolls' that visit this demesne on occasion have already 'Magneto'd' and are just one over cooked cheeseburger away from becoming a real menace.

So I'm just trying to figure out how long it would take...what would have to be done to this normal person...over what time period ...to trigger the type of meglomaniacal insanity that would make both Batman and the Joker seem like school yard buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.