• never meet and avert our eyes if we run into each other on the street

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
We have a change in plans with Perks so the date is now moveable. Does a weekend this month work better for everyone? I'm also considering moving in closer to NoVa - thoughts?

Last edited:

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I think I'll have to abstain until January. I work in retail and there are only 3 more Saturdays until Christmas. Needless to say, time off will be a problem. But things slow down in January.

Although, wyntermoon! You live so close I could probably hurl a snowball at you. You, me, and Serenity need to get together for coffee some day soon. :)

Perks: mega-hugs.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
You people have still not answered my question. I am not coming until I know.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere near a metro stop! ( So I can have a couple of brews and not have to worry about driving)
Union Station sounds GREAT! It would even allow people from farther out to train in from Hagerstown...NYC, even....

If ya'lls want to do something in late spring...we can hang out in my yard.

Which is...close to both the metro and Marc train..

AS far as this month... This weekend is booked. Next weekend I have to stay at home so my daughter can have a cookie party... ( I may have a date next Sunday...but I'd sooo ditch him for you guys...maybe) Weekend after Christmas weekend... New years...

Ya'lls can come to my house on New Years Eve!
We can sing to my kids until they pay us to stop.

They'll have Christmas money and I know where my son hides his beer......

...and cemetary...

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Although, wyntermoon! You live so close I could probably hurl a snowball at you. You, me, and Serenity need to get together for coffee some day soon. :)

Absolutely! I'm in Clarke Co. now but still close enough for java-fueled chats! Are you still working at B?

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Cookie party? I'd be happy to come to a cookie party, Jaycinth! :e2cookie:

I don't drive in DC either, unless I'm lost (which is why I'd be in my car in DC). Since I do have a car, however, if we pick a weekend date, I can drive out of NOVA to places I've never heard of, like Clarke Co. ;)

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Phew, I just realized why the 10th was niggling at me, my daughter's first choral concert is that night. I couldn't have made the 10th anyway!

Hmmm, maybe this month would be better shelved until the holidays are over. Thoughts?

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
That is very true.

And hey! You're making me wait for potato curry! That can not stand.

David Erlewine

Registered
Reaction score
I work near Union Station and can walk there in 10 minutes. I usually work early but I can adjust my schedule one night next year when we all meet up. I say Union Station is a GREAT place to meet. Good restaurants, easy to find people since we can pick a store inside to meet at, etc. Looking fwd to it!

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
I live in DC, though if you've got a good arm you could toss a rock into Maryland from my house.

I'd be interested in a get-together/crit group. I do have to admit, though, that Virginia scares me a little. I don't think I've ever driven there without getting horribly lost. I vote Metro-accessible.

Last edited:

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
You people have still not answered my question. I am not coming until I know.

What kind of beer are you serving?

Answer: depends on where we meet, but I'm always up for Honey Brown. :D

Absolutely! I'm in Clarke Co. now but still close enough for java-fueled chats! Are you still working at B?

Serenity used to work there (seasonal help last year). I'm still stuck with Pier 1. *grumble*Christmasshoppers*grumble*

I second the idea of postponing until after the holidays. I just accepted a temporary promotion that will keep me busy until the first few weeks of January. More money, but definitely more hours. *sigh*

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, fine. But I'm not waiting on the potato curry! Some things are just too much to ask.

I have a lovely rug from Pier 1.

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
**clap clap**

Attention please! Atten...oh.

Okay, people. I apologize for the crazy amount of time that has passed since we first talked about getting together. I blame my children entirely.

Our own SherryTex has offered to host the first get-together at her place! She is in the MD section of our territory and, I'm assured, quite easy to get to so no backing out!

This first shindig will just be to get to know each other a wee bit but don't let that stop you from bringing something to share if you'd like. How about a potluck (pack extras, Sherry has a larger family than I do ;))? Sorry for the short notice but she has suggested an evening this weekend, the 19th, 20th or 21st. I won't be able to make the 19th but I'm sure you can carry on without me just swell.

Please respond here or PM me on your choice of day: January 19th, 20th or 21st ASAP, and if you are able to contribute to the potluck. :D

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
So, when you schedule the next one, keep in mind I'll be teaching in Alexandria April 19-20. I'm not sure I can justify the 5-hour drive otherwise. :)

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
I live in the infamous Frederick, MD.

I'll try to catch up with all y'all at a later date.
I'm getting my house ready for sale and don't have any free time at the moment.
But I'm a terrific cook and LOVE to show off at potluck get-togethers.

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
I'm afraid the stomach flu has hit the Tex household so instead of dipping us all in disinfectant, I'm erecting a tent over their house and changing the venue. Get better soon, Sherry!

So we're back to square one. We have some decisions to make, y'all:
- I've heard from some of you that the 20th will work, is this a plan or shoot for the next weekend to give the others more time?
- NoVa? Back to DC?
- Wait until it's warmer?