My Sister's Boob Job

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
My sister wants me to help enhance her breasts. No kidding.

She's been after me to write an essay on her behalf so she can enter a radio contest to win a free boob job. The station is giving away a dozen procedures in honor of the twelve days of Christmas.

Until recently, I've resisted and explained she looks fine the way she is and doesn't need cosmetic surgery. (I've seen her topless before, most recently on my boat while she sunbathed with my wife, and both women are stunning and perfectly natural.) She countered with, at her age (early forties), all she wants is "a little lift." I said, "What if something happens to you? I'd feel responsible if you won based on my essay. It's an operation, remember? They'll cut you open and you could die or get a horrible infection or whatever."

Another thing that bothers me is the ethical angle off passing on my words to someone else as if they were written by her. Is it fair to the other contest entrants who haven't had their essays ghostwritten? Would it constitute a form of fraud?

Three of the twelve winners have already been announced. Their writing is awful. I'm amazed they would even be considered as runner ups, let alone winners. The point is, if I write the essay, even with the left and right side of my brain tied behind my knobby cranium, she'll win, of that I'm certain.

She really has me in a spot. I love her and want to help and see her happy, but there is a side of me that is repelled by the notion, and I would tell anyone else who approached me with such a scheme to screw off in no uncertain terms.

As far as she knows, I'm still undecided, though I wanted to bring it up here to gain feedback from others who could offer advice on how I should proceed.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Well, it's as if you won a contest or something and decided to give the prize to someone else. I don't see what the problem is there.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She's your sister Silver. I only wish I could do such a small thing for mine, but she sits alone, an angel, now frozen perpetual in concrete, in a lone graveyard. But it's ultimately your decision. :shrug:
hugs

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've thought of having mine done. Not that they need to be bigger, it would just be nice to have them back where they belong.

Do it.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
they have exercises for that. :tongue

cut? me? there?

NOT.

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still trying to visualize a fish with breasts.

I'm also trying, very hard, to visulalize an invitation for a boat ride. :e2brows:

Reaction score
I'm gonna need some pics in order to best advise you on this one, Silver.

I can't advise blind.

PM me when they're posted.

Thanks.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
write it on the condition that you split the prize 50/50. each of you then get one tit mounted in the center of your chests. it'll look awkward, of course, but it'll make for great conversation at family gatherings.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyway, what kind of idiot doctor would give away boob jobs to radio contest winners?

I wouldn't trust him/her perform surgery on my cat, much less on someone I love.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...Not that they need to be bigger, it would just be nice to have them back where they belong.
That's exactly what my sister said. She's not into the bigger aspect at all but merely the way they used to be. (Why am I humming Streisand's, The Way We Were?) :)

I kid, but I'm serious to know how people feel. Thus far, those in favor of the lift have the ayes...

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Another thing that bothers me is the ethical angle off passing on my words to someone else as if they were written by her. Is it fair to the other contest entrants who haven't had their essays ghostwritten? Would it constitute a form of fraud?
In a contest where the grand prize is new boobs? In an industry who's leading role model is a guy named "Dr. 90210"?

There are 6,800 plastic surgeons in this country. I'm not sure ANY of them would mind ... :) There's greater moral high ground to cover. For now, go win that contest for her ...

PS is it ironic your sig line right now is "Get a grip. Then hold on"? Just sayin' ... :)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Boy, I ain't touching this thread.

Okay if I hang around and stare though?

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Do the rules state that the essay has to be written by the entrant? Our local station does a holiday giveaway where the entrant can write on their own behalf, or on the behalf of others. I do agree it would be weird and wrong to pass your words off as hers.
Also, if the first winner was a poor writer, sounds like the winners are picked maybe for the reason behind wanting the operation, rather than the quality of the essay. I would think the biggest ethical issue there would be making your essay sincere-if you really can't wrap yourself around the idea-don't do it.
But one thing to remember about boob jobs is that it's a really personal decision, while you may think she's beautiful as is, it could really be a special gift to her.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
write it on the condition that you split the prize 50/50...
Funny you should say that (after being cut off in mid-stream) as I'm tempted to tell her to pay me three grand or so if she wins.

I think the whole contest has her in a buzz, and she wants to hear her name over the radio, similar to how some writers yearn to see their name in print.

A. Hamilton

Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
In a contest where the grand prize is new boobs? In an industry who's leading role model is a guy named "Dr. 90210"?

There are 6,800 plastic surgeons in this country. I'm not sure ANY of them would mind ... :) There's greater moral high ground to cover. For now, go win that contest for her ...
Sure, the surgeons might not care, but the other contestants might. Seems wrong to say it's OK to stretch ethics just because the situation could be seen as superficial. And new boobs to some women can be a life changing experience, not superficial at all.
But maybe the rules allow for it, (ghost writing) and it's no biggie.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a starter for ya, Silver:

All I want for Christmas is my two huge boobs,
my two huge boobs,
see my two huge boobs.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I say don't do it.

For TWO reasons (and yes that's a bit of a pun)
1. I wouldn' t write something for someone and let them take credit for it.
and
2. I don't think women should have boob jobs unless there is a real medical reason for it.
I'd only do it if I had cancer and had to have one removed (reconstructive surgery). The other case would be a woman who was so large she was having back pain.

Yes, lots of things can go wrong when someone has plastic surgery.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Sure, the surgeons might not care, but the other contestants might. Seems wrong to say it's OK to stretch ethics just because the situation could be seen as superficial. And new boobs to some women can be a life changing experience, not superficial at all.
But maybe the rules allow for it, (ghost writing) and it's no biggie.
He's counting on the contestants to be as ethical as he is. My guess? These contestants have about the same ethics as a ticket scalper and will use all means necessary to win.

Besides, sell her all the rights to it for $1. Then SHE owns it and can say she wrote it if she wants. As Dave Sim wrote in Cerebus, "My money. My magic."

And like there aren;t a MILLION ghost writers out there?

A. Hamilton

Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
He's counting on the contestants to be as ethical as he is. My guess? These contestants have about the same ethics as a ticket scalper and will use all means necessary to win.
LOL-do you really think that? Just about boob-job contests..or all contests? I'd hope-and bet, that a good percentage of contestants in any type of contest don't cheat or stretch the rules to win.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
1. I wouldn' t write something for someone and let them take credit for it.
Maybe you wouldn't, but there are a number of folks out there who have no problem ghost writing...
2. I don't think women should have boob jobs unless there is a real medical reason for it.
I'd only do it if I had cancer and had to have one removed (reconstructive surgery). The other case would be a woman who was so large she was having back pain.
My wife keeps threatening to get a reduction...such blasphemy...unfortunately (or not), we don't have the funds to do such a thing. :)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe you wouldn't, but there are a number of folks out there who have no problem ghost writing...

Um...let me be clear.

I am assuming that the person entering the contest is supposed to write an essay explaining her reason for wanting a boob job. Wouldn't it make sense for a woman to write such an article, not a man? If you win by writing something compelling, something good, you should write it yourself.