• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Andrew Mann Literary Agency / Andrew Mann Ltd.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
Re: worried (original thread title)

From a small Google search, it looks like he's a member of the Association of Authors' Agents and that his agency was founded in 1975. Perhaps if you expounded on what is making you worried, we could help you out.

Last edited:

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What Deadly said - what are you looking for?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]List of children's authors include Gina Douthwaite, Joe Hackett, Judith Heneghan, Shirley Isherwood, Kate Lennard, Jude Wisdom, Sarah Mussi. (Obtained from this website.)[/FONT]

Andrew Mann website is here.

~Nancy

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Solidly respectable.
What else do you need to know?

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Andrew Mann

Not sure if you're still interested in the agency. They represented my first novel (didn't get published but not for lack of effort on their part). They're above board, honestly, with cram-packed offices (as you'd imagine them to be - boxes, papers, books - everywhere!) just off the Tottenham Court Road where I met with Anne Dewe, who represented me (she's lovely!) If they're interested in you, they'll offer excellent critique and feedback (I'll warn you, though - it's not spoon fed you have to take their points and work on it yourself.) I rewrote three times before they agreed to take the project on and, though I'm not contractually signed with them because we didn't score a deal, she's happy to look at any other projects if I want to go with them again and if it fits their list.

I'm not sure how many clients they're taking at the moment (if any) - they're not huge in size and, from what I picked up there - I think they are all women!

Hope that helps.

xhouseboy

In the Yellow Woods
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know the agents personally, had lunch with them on a few occasions over the years, and nicer, more genuine, straight up front individuals you couldn't hope to meet.

In other words - totally genuine. And work their socks off.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I'm looking at submitting to them this week. Nice to know they sound OK. Even if the OP couldn't be bothered to come back and thank people for their info.

psymun

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, sorry for bringing back an older thread. Just wondering if anyone had any submissions with this agency at the moment? I got an e-mail from them today, which says pretty much

'We are receiving a high volume of proposals and
each is read personally by us. Don't be alarmed when you do not hear back
immediately - it is currently taking eight weeks or longer to respond.
Please note that we represent a small and focused commercial list and of the
many submissions received, there is only room for a handful new writers.
If your mss isn't right for us, please understand this is more a reflection
of our very full list.'

Pretty standard stuff, I think. Is this the kind of thing sent out to all the queries they haven't got round to yet?

xhouseboy

In the Yellow Woods
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking at submitting to them this week. Nice to know they sound OK. Even if the OP couldn't be bothered to come back and thank people for their info.

They're brand new. Totally above board.

I've known Anne and Tina for about 12 years now, and they're very nice people too.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. Last sale on PM is from '09, and the client lists are down from the site. Twitter's still active, though. Anyone have recent contact with them?

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Latest after 6 month wait: I am sorry to keep you waiting. We do have a back log of reading and can’t reply quickly enough. I’m sorry to disappoint. In light of the competitive commercial market and publisher’s full lists, we select very few new proposals. I do hope you find the right home for your work and wish you the very best of luck.

I find Rs like this pretty rude, they don't even state you've been rejected. The stuff about "publisher's full lists" is just silly and stating the bleeding obvious. Not impressed.