Rejecting the Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ello

Registered
Reaction score
Website
elloecho.blogspot.com
I just saw the Ultimate Rejection letter thread before and had to post my own version. FYI - I posted it on my blog back on October 19th. Someone had told me about the Ultimate Rejection letter beforehand and I thought the concept was so funny I cobbled together my own version using phrases from all of my rejection letters and came up with this.

October 19, 2007

Ms. Hotshot Agent
1357893 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY

Dear Ms. Agent:

Thank you for your letter of October 17, 2007. I'd like to apologize for the impersonal nature of my letter. Rest assured that I do read every rejection letter carefully and unfortunately this rejection letter is just not right for me. However, these decisions are highly subjective and another writer may have a completely different opinion from mine.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving a large number of rejection letters. With such a diverse and promising field of rejections, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite your outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting writers, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I have decided to accept you as my agent and will forward you a copy of my completed manuscript for your immediate representation. I will arrive in New York on November 8th and look forward to meeting you at your offices at that time.

Best of luck in rejecting future clients.

Sincerely,

Rejected NoMore

P.S. I would appreciate if you did not call security when I arrive.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna set that up as my autoreply on my business account. :D

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I saw something like that here. http://www.jkador.com/letter.htm

They're all over the net, I even saw one from a mother rejecting her ex-husband's bid for full custody. That was kind of strange.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
ROFL, and touche.

:D

arkady

Registered
Reaction score
"Your rejection had just ten seconds to catch my attention, and it didn't. Sure it's not fair, but tough crap, that's the way it is, buster. Why should I bother with your rejection when there are so many other rejections out there for me to choose from? Next."

Status
Not open for further replies.