Anyone see Titanic tonight?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw it for like the sixth time and I cry each time. It's such a beautiful and well-done picture, not to mention Leo is beautiful and well-done too. :D

Reaction score
Heh. I've seen it a few times myself.

The first time was at the cinema with my then-boyfriend. He sat there picking at all the errors (as he saw them).

The second time was after we'd split; his best friend took me to see it again to give me an excuse to cry and blame it on the fillum. I also have it on VHS (yes, back in the day before I got a DVD player) but haven't watched it in years as I can't f***ing stand Celine Dion. Maybe I should watch it with the sound off.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I dated a fella from Glasgow (Stirling actually) that looked quite a bit like old Leo. And yes, he was a total nutter. Pretty and fun and exciting...but completely and totally mental at the end.

So when Leo sinks to the bottom of the ocean I always cheer, just once, because well...I like to pretend it's the Stirling Nutter!

But I do sniffle during that movie because it is so damn high on the mush factor!!!!!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I've always been nuts when it comes to the Titanic. I didn't care a whit about the 'love story'... I just wanted to see the CGI that brought that ship back to life. I was much more moved by her breaking in half than I was by the love story.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The best way to watch it is on a very large flat screen television using a DVD. I don't have either. <sigh> I did love that movie, even though it was fiction based sort of on fact. And Leo! Oh, be still my heart.
The best way to watch it is to switch over to the monster truck rally that's on at the same time with a bowl of popcorn seasoned with onion salt and garlic powder. :popcorn:

Well, somebody's gotta be the guy in here...

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
I loved Titanic because I love ships. I didn't give a toss for the love story. It was just made up anyway. What about all those poor people who died? That's the bit that makes me cry every time. (and yes, I've seen it I-don't-know-how-many-times. I too have it on VHS)

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I laughed as Leo sank beneath the waves.
No! NO! NO!
2.gif

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I've seen this movie many times and I don't think I'll ever get sick of it . . . one of these days I'll just break down and buy a copy! LOL

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I love the Titanic story. I love reading books about the Titanic. I enjoy movies about the Titanic.

I have never seen this particular movie and have no intention of ever seeing it.

If you can manage to ignore the love story, it really is worth it just to see the ship. They spared no expense recreating her.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
This really is one of my favorite movies. A friend and I were just talking about it the other day. I did not realize when they first showed the movie to an audience there were animals in the water scenes dying with their owners. My friend said the audience could not handle seeing all the animals dying so they cut it out of the movie.

AmyBA

I'm a believer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amyba.com
When I went to go see it (opening weekend with my better half, a major Titanic buff), the teenage girls sitting behind us chatted throughout the second half of the movie, wondering how it would end.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone's interested in the sequel, here's a peek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD4OnHCRd_4

I love this!

Unfortunately I can't watch Titanic with a straight face any more. I was in college when it came out... Listening to "My Heart Will Go On" from every other room in a girls' dorm for weeks in a row means I now hear it as "The Song That Goes On and On."

And we rewrote most of the story as Titanic on the Roof and performed it at a hall party. Sorta ruined the movie for me!

(shoot, and now I've got the song stuck in my head. Again.)

Last edited:

oswann

Grumpy
Registered
Reaction score
In some smarty pants place like everyone else writ
First time I saw it was on a plane between Tokyo and Paris. I'm not kidding. We were in a plane and the imaginative leap between sinking ship and sinking plane wasn't too far from everyone's minds. I don't know which sick sicko decided to whack old Titanic in the DVD player.

Os.