• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent] Elaine P. English

fedap

Registered
Reaction score
rebobinair--
Same for me but I was in October, no response yet.

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com
commercial fiction is everything but non-fic and lit fic. It includes all genres and mainstream stuff that isn't lit fic (think Jodi Picoult), but sometimes it's used to refer to non-genre mainstream fiction that isn't literary.

urban fantasy is commercial fiction, but someone may take commercial fiction, but no fantasy, and then not take urban fantasy - does that make sense?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
here's a stupid question but does commercial fiction include urban fantasy? I just wanna know if I should query her.

If you're referring to Ms. Hackenberg, the partial she requested from me was for a young adult urban fantasy. So she's definitely interested in urban fantasy, at least the YA variety.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings,

Got my SASE with a form R in the mail today. Took about 2 1/2 months for those keeping track at home.

Happy New Year AWers.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings,

Got my SASE with a form R in the mail today. Took about 2 1/2 months for those keeping track at home.

Happy New Year AWers.

Sorry to hear that, rtrgirl. I only sent mine the beginning of December, so I could still have a bit of a wait. Also, I didn't send an SASE, since (I thought) she usually responded by e-mail. So maybe it'll just be an automatic disqualification for me... :)

Sarah Christine

I think you can do better.
Registered
Reaction score
Where did the floor go? (This is not an existentia
Been waiting since 10/27 (I've actually trunked this project and moved on to querying a new one altogether). I think by this point we're just waiting for our rejections. I'd think if they were interested, they would have jumped on replying sooner--but I could be wrong!

I don't think I sent a SASE either...but I figured that they had our email addresses, soooo...

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
I subbed a partial to Naomi Hackenberg at the end of October, got a rejection yesterday - not bad given that I've subbed fulls to three agents in September and haven't heard a whisper from any of them after nudging at the three month point.

Mia Moore

Brand spanking
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, guys. Sorry about the R, Saska. Also, I agree with Sarah. If there was any interest I'm sure I'd have heard by now. More than likely it's just another R in the making.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I was poking around the Interwebs and came across Elaine English's site and blog. I checked it out tonight, went back to the submission guidelines and BANG! She's closed to submissions till May. Ugh.

But Naomi's still up.

Sarah Christine

I think you can do better.
Registered
Reaction score
Where did the floor go? (This is not an existentia
I sent a nudge to Naomi 1/27, because I've since shelved the book I subbed to her and I wanted to query her with a sparkly new project. She responded this morning with a rejection to the sub and a personalized note as to why, plus an invite to query another project.

So, I queried again! Hope I have better luck on this one LOL.........ugh.

Anyone still waiting? It probably shouldn't be much longer.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a nudge to Naomi 1/27, because I've since shelved the book I subbed to her and I wanted to query her with a sparkly new project. She responded this morning with a rejection to the sub and a personalized note as to why, plus an invite to query another project.

So, I queried again! Hope I have better luck on this one LOL.........ugh.

Anyone still waiting? It probably shouldn't be much longer.

Thanks for the update, Sarah Christine. And those invitations to submit future work are always keepers - especially when you've got one all ready to roll out :)

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a partial the first of December. A little over two months, but not that bad though.

AuntB

Registered
Reaction score
Naomi requested a partial earlier today, but I'm not sure when I'm going to get it mailed to her since everything in my city is closed due to the "snowpocalypse." I emailed her and told her I would mail it out as soon as possible.

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com
Good luck with the snow, Aunt B! She's had a partial of mine for about 2 1/2 months - so I think it's ok to wait till you can get to the post office. :) Did she ask you for snail mail? She had me email mine.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Naomi requested mine by snail mail back in December.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Roll call!

I'm still waiting to hear back on my requested partial, which I snail-mailed to Ms. Hackenberg on December 1.

Where's everybody else at with their submissions/queries?

thmafi

wobbly...
Registered
Reaction score
equeried 1/21
request for first 50 pages 1/26
received offer of rep from another agent 2/25
contacted naomi 2/25, received response that she'd get back to me on monday.