• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent] Elaine P. English

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Naomi requested my full from my partial today when I told her I had another offer. She seems really nice!

The partial was by mail, the full by email.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Naomi requested my full from my partial today when I told her I had another offer. She seems really nice!

Congratulations on your offer! Good luck!

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
No word from Naomi here... Anyone else?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Received a partial request today from Ms. Hackenberg. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back from her.

(Sent e-query on November 17, by the way)

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Received a partial request today from Ms. Hackenberg. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back from her.

(Sent e-query on November 17, by the way)

Yay Krista! Good luck!

I looked at her querytracker stats. Naomi is reviewing a LOT of partials, and that's just the people that logged them in QT.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. English requested a partial the same day I queried her - November 13th. I mailed it off to her the next day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck

fedap

Registered
Reaction score
No word yet from Naomi for me either but I wouldn't expect it really in anything less than a month to six weeks from what I have heard from others.

AuntB

Registered
Reaction score

socact, did you ever hear back from Naomi? Or did you end up going with the other offer?

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I heard back from her very quickly after I told her I had another offer. I went with the other offer, but she was great to communicate with (very gracious and quick to respond).

I'd definitely recommend querying her!

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
Hello - No, I haven't heard anything from her. But I keep checking my email and mailbox. :D

Lol. Thanks. I know the feeling. I just queried, but I heard she's a fast responder to the query. Does anyone know if that's true? Is she a no response = no agent?

Nadia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nadialee.net
Elaine is very nice and professional, and I think people should definitely query her.

Also if anyone needs to have a publishing-related contract reviewed (such as agency agreements or small press contracts, etc.), you should definitely contact her. She works with people not in the States, and she does not mind advising you via email or phone, whichever you feel comfortable with, and her rate is very reasonable, and she's very prompt. I recommend her highly.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
It took her about four days to respond to me, so no worries.

rtrgirl, have you thought about sending a status query? It's been about seven weeks for you, right?

Hi - I'll check in mid-January if I haven't heard anything. I keep expecting to see SASEs in my mailbox. Did you hear from her?

I read on their blog that their Interns read the material, then it's read by Naomi. I imagine it takes awhile for three people to read the material.

fedap

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard from Naomi either, still hoping though.

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com
I queried Naomi on the 27th of December and got an out of office email, then got a request for a partial on January 4th - but she asked me to email it not snail mail unless I'd prefer that.

I haven't heard back, but of course it's just been a couple of days.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
here's a stupid question but does commercial fiction include urban fantasy? I just wanna know if I should query her.