The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Display site] VoicesNet

glasy depths

[Display site] VoicesNet

I recently entered a contest at voicesnet.com and within the day of my submission the company emailed me, telling me I'd been chosen to be published in their anthology. They said they were not a company that published every submission, which made me very suspicious. Has anyone heard of this company? Is it a scam?

snarzler

Re: Voicesnet.com....scam?

Anyone have resources to see if they are connected to another poetry site (.con) and are trying out a new disguise?

Andrea :peace

snarzler

Voicesnet.com/poetry.com link?

Nameless,
    That link is to a board where there are a lot of angry posts about poetry.con with one asking if voicesnet.com was also illegitimate.
    Did I miss a connection (other than my personal presumption)?

Andrea :peace

HapiSofi

Re: Voicesnet.com/poetry.com link?

They say they're going to be giving away a lot of money and prizes, but they don't have an extensive list of products for sale, and they don't mention a sponsor. The pans of that scale don't balance.

They also have a self-publication option on their menu where you can apply to publish a book in partnership with them. One of the links on it is for those who want literary representation.

Real agents don't handle poetry, unless a client who normally writes other things happens to write some.

This is not a restaurant where I would eat.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

voicesnet.com

http://voicesnet.com/

Special Announcement:
    We are no longer putting on our Poetry Contests or producing our contest books or certificates. If you have previoulsy ordered a book and have not received it, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to VoicesNet, PO Box 936, Powell, Ohio 43065 and include ordering information and we will refund your order amount.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Running contests again, but no more prizes or publications -- online display only for "exposure".
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: