The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Crescendo Entertainment

JustinoIV

Crescendo Entertainment

I, among other screenwriters, have been getting spammed by Crescendo Entertainment aka Mark Hernandez.

"
    What’s new at Crescendo Entertainment Group

Exciting things are happening at Crescendo Entertainment Group, including a full-service screenplay development consulting division, a new production company that's seeking material, and a newsletter to keep you in the know. Read on to learn more about how to put Crescendo to work for you.

Get your screenplay appraised by a Film/TV Professional

Before you send your screenplay out to a prospective producer, agent, manager, director, or that next big contest, be prepared… GET IT APPRAISED BY A FILM/TV INDUSTRY PROFESSIONAL.

You’ve seen the ads… there are countless scores of screenplay consultants and “script doctors” out there; however, very few offer services from the exclusive perspective of a working industry professional—true film and television “‘insiders” who know and understand the business. Recognizing this unmet need, Crescendo Entertainment Group, an LA-based, diversified entertainment services company, has created a new division: Crescendo Literary Consulting. CEG’s literary division offers you the ability to have your screenplay evaluated by an industry-savvy development executive using a unique analysis and assessment tool, the Crescendo Screenplay Appraisal™, which the literary division built from the ground up expressly for this purpose. This comprehensive, quantitative, 100-point script analysis tool delivers concrete, detailed, and practical feedback and analysis that will allow you to further develop your screenplay into a commercially viable spec script or writing sample. Got a script? Get it appraised, get it ready, and get it noticed.

Click here to get your screenplay appraised

Crescendo is seeking material and clients

Crescendo Entertainment Group (a full-service literary management company) and Crescendo Motion Pictures (our recently formed production company) are currently seeking available screenplays (to sell to and set up at the major motion picture studios) and clients for representation. We are specifically looking for high-concept, commercial, smart, innovative, and distinctive stories that are thematically strong, culturally and sociologically significant, character driven, and have never before been told.

We are looking for the following genres and have listed the following examples/prototypes:

> Action/Adventure (e.g., XXX; THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS; INDIANA JONES)
    > Action Comedy (e.g., RUSH HOUR; SHANGHAI NOON; BAD BOYS; 48 HOURS)
    > Comedy (e.g., MEET THE PARENTS; LEGALLY BLONDE; LIAR, LIAR)
    > Horror (e.g., THE RING; THE OTHERS; SCREAM; HALLOWEEN; FRIDAY THE 13TH)
    > Romantic Comedy (e.g. BRIDGET JONES’S DIARY; NOTTING HILL; PRETTY WOMAN)
    > Teen (e.g., FREAKY FRIDAY, MEAN GIRLS)
    > Thriller (e.g., THE SIXTH SENSE; MEMENTO; ONE HOUR PHOTO; SEVEN)
    > Urban/Latino (e.g., BARBERSHOP; DRUMLINE; AMORES PERROS; FOOLS RUSH IN)

In addition to completed screenplays, we are also considering novel, short story, comic book, video game and life rights for Crescendo Motion Pictures to adapt and produce. Writer attachments are not necessary, but firm legal control of the rights is mandatory.

Click here to submit your email query letter

Subscribe to our free email-delivered Newsletter

We periodically produce the CEG Insider, both writer and executive edition, which is a free, email-delivered newsletter focusing on the latest industry news, business trends, tips of the trade, screenwriting advice, entertainment jobs, articles, interviews, and other related topics. Our newsletter is produced from the perspective of established management and production professionals from within the Crescendo Entertainment Group organization, a perspective that offers an “insiders” point of view. Don’t miss out on valuable information that can benefit you and your screenwriting and entertainment executive career.

Click here to sign up for our free email newsletter

Click here to go to the Crescendo Entertainment Group website

Please help us spread the word by forwarding this email to a friend."

KW

Crescendo

I got one and I'm not even a screenwriter.

Kevin

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar

Crescendo Entertainment

Needless to say, one should be very leery of anyone who adverstises by spam.

cyril32a

Crescendo Entertainment Group

Do anyone out there know the address for Crescendo Entertainment Group?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Dare I ask why you'd need it? This is not a company you'd want to do business with, IMO.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin montanagal's Avatar
    THis is interesting. I met Marc Hernandez at a writer's conference. His presentation was very professional and informative. From the impression I got there, I wouldn't mind his company representing me at all. If you still need the address, I have his business card.

btw, I've never gotten spam from them.

Hagiographically Advantaged AW Moderator HapiSofi's Avatar
    If he's that slick, why does he have to spam for clients?
    Winner of the Best Drycleaner on the Block Award.

practical experience, FTW
    Scriptshark just lost points in my view. They published him as an industry endorsement.

http://www.scriptshark.com/ProEndorse.cfm

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Is that a recent endorsement? All the article and interviews I find are from 2004, and his website's gone.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: