• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Emil Cioran Literary Agency

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Anyone heard of the Emil Cioran Literary Agency? Can't find much info online other than they're new and looking for clients.

gerrydodge

Registered
Reaction score
The agency is not listed on publisher's marketplace nor have there been any deals from them listed there. I don't know anything about them and I've never heard of them before. Sorry.

J. R. Tomlin

Banned
Reaction score
Well I found this on writers.net but nothing anywhere else. Since he is in the UK, I'm not sure if that means much over here though. Pretty scant information.

Emil Cioran
([email protected])
Agency: Emil Cioran Literary Agency
London, United Kingdom

Recently established agency actively searching for new clients. Handles literary and full-length commercial fiction and non-fiction. No poetry, childrens, short stories or theatre scripts. Unsolicited e-mail attachments will be deleted without opening. No reading fee but return postage essential for return of material. Approach first with preliminary e-mail.

Commission: Home 15%, Overseas 20%

Listed in Jeff Herman's directory of agents: No

Reading fee: No

Last edited:

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Well I found this on writers.net but nothing anywhere else. Since he is in the UK, I'm not sure if that means much over here though. Pretty scant information.

That's the same info I found. Like you say, pretty scant.

Thanks for the replies. :)

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
A successful agent, or someone with publishing industry experience (which is essential for an agent who wants to be successful), will usually be at least somewhat researchable. If the only info you can find is listings at websites like WritersNet, it's probably a good idea to hold off on querying. You can always Google the agent's name in six months to see if he's made any sales.

- Victoria

RTH

Call me Ishmael
Registered
Reaction score
Queried this person a long time ago, when I was still new at this. They never responded. I don't know if that helps, but I'd tend to agree with Victoria.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Three years since OP, and WN is still only mention of this agency.