Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Cumberland House Publishing

Question Cumberland House Publishing

Has anyone had any experience with, or does anyone know much about Cumberland House Publishing in Nashville? I'm thinking of submitting my non-fic history WIP there. They've got some impressive titles published, and they look good to me all in all, but I'd like to know more if there is more to know. Thanks in advance.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    http://www.cumberlandhouse.com/

Glitchy website (of the dozen links I clicked in their catalog, most went to the wrong book or a "not found" page. (Doubly annoying cuz I really wanted to check out Igor's M*A*S*H recipe book. )), but if you can find their books in stores, .html problems are surmountable.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

I haven't had any troubles getting around their site, but the fact that you did worries me just a tad. Hmmmm. Well, I have a small-but-decent list now of other places to submit to, all of which I know more about and feel more comfortable about approaching. Thanks for taking a look.

I've been curious about this place too, would love to find more feedback on it.

As would I. Maybe someone else will come along who has some firsthand experience with them. Hope so. They seemed like a good possibility for my project, but I don't like not knowing anything more concrete about them before submitting.

FWIW, their website has much improved.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

reverse backward masker DanielKoehler's Avatar

Cumberland Nixs Fiction.

No fiction, thanks per their web site.

Interesting catalog - Wm. F Buckley, a mystery collection edited by Lawrence Block.
    Daniel Koehler
    http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/DanielKoehler
    http://www.danielkoehler.bizland.com/

"The boys throw stones at the frogs in jest, but the frogs do not die in jest but in earnest."

Bion of Borsythenes

Huh. Apparently Cumberland's been bought out by Sourcebooks. Website much un-improved, IMO.
    ICAO
    ---------

No longer maintained as a separate site (or page, even) but still an active imprint.
    ICAO
    ---------