Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I like to, you know?

Every time I write a death....
(And I seem to killl a lot of folks for Sci Fi, but, like, who's gonna stop me, huh?)

I get right to the killing stroke....

...and then I stop writing.
I have the scene totally scripted out in my mind...and notes on paper besides...

But I can't keep myself from stopping, stepping back, having a glass of wine, looking at it from all angles... sometimes for days.....

savoring the moment...

...and then I go back and finish them off exactly as planned.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

I'm not the only sick puppy, I KNOW IT!!!

Fess up you scoundrels!

Last edited:

nessam

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My mc likes to just kill and move on with her day. She's cool like that. She hasn't killed anyone important yet.

Eudaemonic

what? why!
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoy killing.

On a page ok? Not actually killing

But then I would say that wouldn't I? I'm not stupid.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I actually don't kill as much as I should. I do so enjoy corpses. But when I do kill, I prefer the anticipation of it rather than the act itself. It's not that a good killing doesn't brighten my day, but once it's done, it's done.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
In mine, the build up is the stroy, not the act it's self. I like the tense feeling in the pit of my tummy. The sweat dripping off my brow. A deep low ringing in my ears. Opppsss.....

The build up....is where the fun is. ;)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
....and...it is Friday...and I'm still waiting and watching..and waiting for Greg to raise his visor and space himself.

Explosive decompression....ahhhhhhh...what. a. rushhhhhhhhhhhhh!

now...which of my characters can/should I off next?

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
My MC just had to kill someone with a sword in my urban fantasy. He didn't savor it. He's never had to kill people before and it goes against his nature. Although this guy was a total SOB and had just tried to off his would-be girl friend.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I've killed 3 at once. It took a long time. Oh, the blood! Oh, the squicky things the bad guys did.

I do so like my bad guys. They're so certain they're on the side of Goodness.

And little children don't even fear me in RL. :D

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Come to think of it, every one of my stories has at least one killing in it...hum.
BUT everyone who gets murdered has it coming!

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Within the first 3,000 words of my first novel (Hel-lo...agents???) I blew up a planet and a fleet of starships, not to mention the local, in system shuttles.

I must have blown ten million people right to smithereenes.

And from what I can tell...only two of them really deserved it.

And it was anti climactic.

No blood, you see. Just fast painless creamation.

And I did not pause to let the reader see what happened to the survivors, because that was not part of the story line...although I did give hints.

I've gotten a bit more graphic with this one. Hmmm

Chapter 1...I off three people, except on was offed by an alien before the book starts, so if you count the alien as a person, I off 4. Wrong place...wrong time...but they are individually crafted demises. Chapter 7 I off another perfectly innocent lady. Once again, this offing is hand crafted..and I let it age for 2 years. Chapter 8...another couple..but one guy was already dead befrore I doused him with chemicals and set him ablaze.

And you all know that I'm killing Greg Minus...savoring it at the moment, truth be told. MMMMMMMMMM....tasty... minus Minus, I guess

Then there is collateral damage, another couple of planets...is it an orgy yet, Haggis my dear?

Hmmm .....I put the captain of a battle cruiser in a shuttle, holed it and let it crush him like a bug when it decompressed,(SALSA!)

I pinholed another crew member..... stuffed a space ship full of decomposing bodies. hmmmmm??????

Oh...and then I killed grampa!!!

Not bad for a sci fi novel, huh?

I suppose I could put a killing orgy in the next one...

but I think I prefer hand crafted, well-seasoned deaths, don't you???

WELL...DON'T YOU?????

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I too like the buildup. Like the original The Wicker Man, where I watched the penultimate scene thinking, "They're not going to end the movie like that. No, they're not. They're just not." And of course, they did.

A lesson is terrific writing. The book was actually not quite as good, although it had a slight twist the movie did not.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not quite for me, Jay, but that IS the way I do love scenes. But I'm not exactly idle when I'm savoring it. Or flavoring it. Or shavering it...

Jack Nog

Brain-farts are useful too.
Registered
Reaction score
I've found when erasing a life from one of my worlds, this is best accomplished by 'zoning' out and letting the mind be free. I come up with all sorts of twisted methods by letting the pen (er...fingers) flow. I don't believe I've yet scripted a death scene. If I get to the outline point in my story (somewhere in the middle after random typing), I still just put down *So and So Dies here" and then think it up when I get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.