AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Gotham Literary Agency (Nathalie Scott)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Gotham Literary Agency (Nathalie Scott)

This company is owned by Nathalie Scott and I can't find any information on sales or clients. Please help

Thanks.

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you mscelina's Avatar
    Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fudz. Not pie. I do not share pie. EVER.
    According to Preditors & Editors, it charges a fee and is not recommended. That's usually enough for me.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    I'm not at home and don't have access to my files--but I can confirm that this agency charges fees, including an hourly fee for agent services in making sub missions.

No sales for this agency as far as I'm aware.

- Victoria

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    No sales listed in the ususal places. I am finding two clients, FWIW: Luli Gray and Matt Crisci.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

practical experience, FTW nessam's Avatar
    Couldn't find anything reputable about them. All I found was that Miss Snark hates them. But then I'm not all that shocked considering they are named after a fictional city that Batman lives in.
    I write so I don't loose my mind.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    From my files: Nathalie Scott of Gotham Literary currently charges $55 per submission, which includes a half-hour representation fee. She sends out 5 submissions per month. She also offers editing for a flat fee of $5,000 (it's a conflict of interest for an agent to double as a paid editor).

She has been around since at least 2002 (previously she was with the Caroline Hutton Agency, which also charges fees), but to my knowledge she has no track record of commercial book sales.

- Victoria

Well someone got's to pay for the batcave's upkeep, batmobile and alfred. :-P

Ribbed for your pleasure. Voyager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolesingslave View Post
    Well someone got's to pay for the batcave's upkeep, batmobile and alfred. :-P
    Not to mention the exorbitant cost of imprinting nipples into latex suits these days. Damned recession!
    “You write how you write. If I were a calculating careerist, I would not be a novelist.” Justin Cronin

"I'd rather shoot myself in the face than have another discussion about the difference between one category of literature and another." Colson Whitehead

facebook.com/jes.bosworth

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Crisci books are out now, by "Orca Publishing Company" of Carlsbad, which ... all evidence suggests he owns. (Not to be confused with Orca Publishing Company of Oregon.)

As for Ms. Gray, considering that 1) there are a few Gothams out there (bizare example) and 2) her books are with imprints of Houghton Mifflin and S&S, I dare say her agent isn't with the Gotham under discussion here.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: