Emanuel Church has a donate button on their website, if you'd like to help.

See also the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Agency] BookEnds, LLC / Beyond the Page Publishing

Procrastinator/Doddlebutter bocabum's Avatar
    I sent Kim Lionetti a partial in April and still haven't heard back. I recently sent a status email, but still haven't heard anything. When is she back open to queries? Perhaps my status email was deleted by a filter b/c she's still closed off to new submissions??

Hopefully

Dancing between good and evil... Phantom Writer's Avatar
    Boca I think Kim actually reopened on 9/30. I heard back from her on 10/2 on my query. Did you send to the general email or her personal one?
    There is only one guaranteed outcome when you write a novel: insanity.

Procrastinator/Doddlebutter bocabum's Avatar
    I sent the email to her kimlionetti@bookends-inc.com address. I didn't receive an email back saying that it would be automatically deleted. (I sent the email on Sept. 4th, btw)

So now I don't know what to do? Re-send the status email? (Although I hate the thoughts of bugging Kim, since she's playing catch up, as it is) My partial must have gotten lost...it's been out since April!

So confused/scared/nervous! I want to re-send, now that's back open to subs, but like I've said, I don't want to hound her, either.

Hey bocabum,

I get the feeling that while Kim is all caught up on queries, she isn't quite all caught up on partials, but I'd imagine she has a lot more time to focus on them now that her deluge of queries is out of the way. Try not to worry! If you still haven't heard after another month or so, maybe send another polite nudge.

Dancing between good and evil... Phantom Writer's Avatar
    Boca, I'd agree with Kat on this one too.
    There is only one guaranteed outcome when you write a novel: insanity.

Has anybody heard back about partials?

Around AW Moderator
    I haven't seen this posted on their website yet, but Kim Lionetti just Tweeted it today:

I'll be closing submissions from 11/15 to 1/18. So BookEnds will not be accepting queries during that time as Jessica is on maternity leave.
    Blog: Organized Chaos | Pinterest | Facebook | Website | Twitter

"Holy f*ck!" --Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks, on CHANGELING.

The public doesn't trust them. The government wants to control them. Being a superhero has never been this hard, especially for Tempest.--Coming April 22, 2013 from Pocket Star.

Getting back up again Dawnny Baby's Avatar
    Yeah, AgentQuery.com lists Jessica Faust as accepting queries, so I queried her yesterday and got 2 replies: one that she was on maternity leave until Jan. 4, and the other said that she was on leave until Jan. 18. (Maybe she's coming back the 4th but doesn't want to deal with new queries until the end of the month?) The second e-mail said that queries should be re-sent at the end of January. (At which point she'll be overwhelmed with new queries!)

So, I suppose with Kim closing to submissions as well, we'll start to see some replies to partials/fulls?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    It took six months for Kim to reply to me (r) - I think she was wiping out her in-box. I guess they must get thousands of submissions and I wonder how many staff the agency has?

practical experience, FTW bclement412's Avatar
    Has anyone had any contact/experience with Katelynn Lacopo?
    ------------------------
    Blue Abyss (YA Paranormal) 62K

15 Partials (4 Rs, 3 request for revisions, 1 request for larger partial, 1 request for full)
    6 Fulls (1 R)
    65 Rejections
    4 personalized query Rs

------------------------
    Damaged (Edgy YA)

1st Draft (1/30/10): 8,500 words

Blog: Author Interviews/ARC reviews

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Fmate66's Avatar
    I have just started submitting to agents (scary!) and Kim was one of the ones I chose along with Jessica Faust. I got the out of office message from Jessica instantly and then a 'closed to submissions until Jan 18th' message from Kim 24 hours later.

Is this positive or does it mean nothing? Has she scanned my query and wants me to resubmit or would she just be saying this to everyone who queries at the moment?

I suspect its the latter but I just wanted some confirmation.

Just wanted to say I have been lurking and reading for ages and I am so grateful you guys are here. To be able to come and find threads about specific people I am thinking of dealing with is invaluable.

Tell me to leave. Please. honeysock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmate66 View Post
    I have just started submitting to agents (scary!) and Kim was one of the ones I chose along with Jessica Faust. I got the out of office message from Jessica instantly and then a 'closed to submissions until Jan 18th' message from Kim 24 hours later.

Is this positive or does it mean nothing? Has she scanned my query and wants me to resubmit or would she just be saying this to everyone who queries at the moment?

I suspect its the latter but I just wanted some confirmation.

Their website says:

Jessica Faust is on leave until January 18 and will not be accepting queries until that time.
    Kim Lionetti is also closed to submissions until January 18.
    Jacky Sach is closed to submissions at this time

Essentially, you're wasting your time querying them right now. You will need to re-query after January 18.

I've learned my lesson the hard way: research will save you time, money, and frustration (not much, but a little).

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Fmate66's Avatar
    Ah ok. Thanks. I used that AgentQuery website but I guess I should have checked their specific website/s first. AQ had their status as accepting queries.

Lesson learned! Thanks for the reply

Had anybody heard back from Kim on a partial submitted after her big inbox cleaning in September?

Ann Arbor, Michigan. Downtown. Near the University, and the first Borders
    Just got an auto-reply from Jessica Faust--out of office until the 27th of February.

Not surprising as on Agent Query it says she's on maternity leave until January 18th.
    Speed writing! Untitled Urban Fantasy--256 pages in sixteen days (May 20 through June 4)

As of 8:30 PM EDT, Tuesday June 1:

This hat is getting too hot Chumplet's Avatar
    Kim is briefly open for queries, but only for YA, Romance and Women's Fiction. Please put the genre in your subject line.

Listening to my other selves Erin's Avatar
    Thanks for the tip, Chumplet. I've been waiting for her to open up again!
    VIGILANTE NIGHTS: YA Contemporary - Available NOW! (Merit Press/F+W Media).

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Want to keep up with my latest news and releases? Subscribe to my Newsletter for exclusive subscriber only content and giveaways!

Researching History's Mysteries HistorySleuth's Avatar
    Jessica posted this on twitter yesterday:

"querybox update: opened to queries 9/7, caught up on queries thru 9/11, caught up on proposals through July. 200 left to go."
    Blog Twitter @HistorySleuth1
    RIGHT OF THE SOIL (Editing)
    Bread & Butter the Murders of Polly Frisch

On Amazon.

Clearly confused and adrift MadDabbler's Avatar

How often. . .

Local worried newbie again: here's how it has gone.

1. Sent in e-query on 97k word UF. Bit nails.
    2. Nails bled, received request for proposal quickly. Did happy dance. Chewed nails to first knuckle.
    3. Have begun to worry that BookEnds requests many proposal. Have chewed my way to second knuckle. Am having trouble typing.
    4. In the interest of preserving the rest of my fingers, am asking for feedback from anyone who might know how often proposals (partials) are requested.

Thank you for your interest in preserving my hands.

On the verge of greatness Nya RAyne's Avatar
    In a house on a corner, next to this old lady and behind this bald obnoxiously fat guy, who keeps...
    Queried Jessica, we'll see how it goes.
    N. Rayne

Storm's Fury, para-romance, get it here.

For His Love, futuristic romance, get it here.

<==Unveil My Heart, a Wiccan Haus para-romance, get it here.

I queried Jessica for nonfiction on 10/11 and got a request for the full proposal the following day, 10/12. On 10/14, she emailed me saying she couldn't stop reading it (!!!!!) and asking if I had a full manuscript (which I don't, just a proposal). I communicated that to her and she said she planned to get back to me soon.

Talk about being nervous...
    Last edited by Amy28; 10-18-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Clearly confused and adrift MadDabbler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy28 View Post
    Talk about being nervous...
    Congrats Amy28! Wow, do I ever want to be you! I figure I'll fall over in a dead faint if she asks for the full. For a variety of reasons, she's my dream agent. I want her so very much.

I wish you the absolute best in getting representation. <-- This is my "green with envy" smile for you.

I got the phone call! Jessica has offered representation!!!! I talked with her for about 30 minutes later in the day and think we really click. I could not be more thrilled. Because I have the full proposal out with two other agencies, I have been in touch with them, but just so so so excited!

Wow! Congrats!

That is so cool

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast