• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] BookEnds, LLC / Beyond the Page Publishing

Cheryll

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with everyone who's posted here. Jacky Sach passed on my manuscript as well, but she gave me some excellent feedback. :)

Best of luck to you!

Cheryll

Scrawler

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of BookEnds-- today I finally received a rejection (a form letter dated nearly a month ago) to a query I sent in October 2005 to Kimberly Lionetti.
She had to put in her 2 cents...postage rates had gone up since my SASE arrived ;-)

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Sorry to hear that Mims.

Any news yet, Grampa Joe? I'm really curious since it was Ms. Lionetti who passed on my work...all three times I submitted to her. ;) (I'm holding out for you!!!)

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I apologize if this was the wrong place to post this, but I kept staring at the forums, wondering where to ask.

I received my first "we'd like to see more material" from Jacky Sach this morning. She invited me look at their submission guidelines on the BookEnds website. The only problem is I can't get the website to work (I can't tell if it's a site error, or my computer being stupid).

Does anyone happen to have the BookEnds submission requirements handy? I'll trade 'em for a rep point. :D

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
According to AQ the submission requirements are synopsis + 3 chs (no more than 50 pages). The Bookends site would not load for me either.

Muggsie

Registered
Reaction score
bookends

I sent Kim Lionetti a query for fiction on June 1 and have heard nothing. Don't know if that helps.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Their site wouldn't load for me, either.

Their blog is up, though.

Maybe the near-hurricane winds that whipped through NJ the other day is wreaking havoc on their website (they're in Gillette, NJ)? Things were so bad, not only did another branch crack off our tree in our backyard (just narrowly missing my car), but we only got cable back this morning. A day and a half without cable. :cry:

Anyway, don't quote me on the weather thing, although it might be something to consider.

~Nancy

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
It loaded okay for me. But I am cut-off right away, since they do not handle
science fiction, military fiction, or technothrillers, and my book is all three.

Regards,
Scott

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
I had an interesting experience with Jessica Faust from BookEnds:

After seeing my proposal, she called and left a message, seeming excited about the project and asking me to call her back. I spent the next week trying to get in touch with her, but didn't hear anything back either by phone or by e-mail.

Then she left another phone message basically retracting the first--saying something like, "We've reconsidered, and turns out maybe it's not the best fit for us after all." All well and good, but why leave such a positive, get-your-hopes-up sort of message in the first place before really thinking it over? I thought this behavior a little odd...

Last edited:

RoccoMom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
nancy02664 said:
I had an interesting experience with Jessica Faust from BookEnds:

After seeing my proposal, she called and left a message, seeming excited about the project and asking me to call her back. I spent the next week trying to get in touch with her, but didn't hear anything back either by phone or by e-mail.

Then she left another phone message basically retracting the first--saying something like, "We've reconsidered, and turns out maybe it's not the best fit for us after all." All well and good, but why leave such a positive, get-your-hopes-up sort of message in the first place before really thinking it over? I thought this behavior a little odd...

Was your project fiction or non-fiction?
She requested my partial back in June and I still have not heard.

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
Toni1953 said:
Was your project fiction or non-fiction?
She requested my partial back in June and I still have not heard.

Non-fiction -- a baby name book.

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristinbattestella.blogspot.com
I've had no problems with their webpage and submitted a package to Jacky a few days ago. Hopefully she will be quick. I am desperate for the finances that the sale of this piece could generate. Hope and Pray!

Scrawler

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I think there's already a thread on this- I'm sure I added my thoughts previously...?

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristinbattestella.blogspot.com
I haven't heard anything on my proposal yet, but it hasn't been anywhere near the response time stated. I did briefly think about submitted to another agent at Bookends, but that isn't good business.

K