The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718

Thread: [Agency] BookEnds, LLC / Beyond the Page Publishing

practical experience, FTW Bogna's Avatar
    I met Jessica Alvarez at a pitch session at the NECRWA con. She admitted that my sub-genre wasn't for her and I greatly appreciated her honesty. She did suggest that I query Moe Ferrara because Moe has more experience with scifi and lgtbq. I sent off my query today and I am trying to stay focused.
    Free At Last available 8-28-2015!

My Skin Is Thick enough, thank you. Author CJ Black's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogna View Post
    I met Jessica Alvarez at a pitch session at the NECRWA con. She admitted that my sub-genre wasn't for her and I greatly appreciated her honesty. She did suggest that I query Moe Ferrara because Moe has more experience with scifi and lgtbq. I sent off my query today and I am trying to stay focused.
    Best of luck to you! I have a full out with Moe Ferrara right now. I would recommend following her on Twitter as she supplies a lot of info and will answer questions.
    https://twitter.com/inthesestones

Moe Ferrara is an awesome new agent, but be warned that her response times can be very long. She usually tries to post her inbox query status on Twitter, periodically. She can run about 5 to 8 months behind. I queried her in early Feb this year, then again per agency requirements in early July. Requested material can take up to 8 or 9 months.
    Last edited by Filigree; 08-07-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at iCraft

My Skin Is Thick enough, thank you. Author CJ Black's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filigree View Post
    Moe Ferrara is an awesome new agent, but be warned that her response times can be very long. She usually tries to post her inbox query status on Twitter, periodically. She can run about 5 to 8 months behind. I queried her in early Feb this year, then again per agency requirements in early July. Requested material can take up to 8 or 9 months.
    Yes, her wait times are very long. I've been back and forth with her for almost a year but she is the agent I want (we also have things in common outside of the business like a love for video games) and now that I have my full with her, I'm willing to wait. I believe she's going through her February queries now. She's been really kicking it lately. Definitely not a no-responder and you wouldn't believe how many of *those* I've had! Best of luck to you and I hope you get a response soon!
    Last edited by Author CJ Black; 08-08-2016 at 12:00 AM.

I'll be honest: Moe is on my top 5 agent wishlist. That she's on the PitchWars agent round this November was a major reason I attempted PitchWars.

Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at iCraft

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I queried BookEnds on a humorous historical mystery using their online form and got a request for a full and synopsis from Jessica Faust. Anyone know how long she usually takes to respond on a full?

practical experience, FTW Dmbeucler's Avatar
    From Publisher's Marketplace/Lunch

"Rachel Brooks has joined Book Ends Literary as agent, moving her client list with her. Previously she was at the L. Perkins Agency."

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718