• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] BookEnds, LLC / Beyond the Page Publishing

bocabum

Procrastinator/Doddlebutter
Registered
Reaction score
I sent Kim Lionetti a partial in April and still haven't heard back. I recently sent a status email, but still haven't heard anything. When is she back open to queries? Perhaps my status email was deleted by a filter b/c she's still closed off to new submissions??

Hopefully :)

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Boca I think Kim actually reopened on 9/30. I heard back from her on 10/2 on my query. Did you send to the general email or her personal one?

bocabum

Procrastinator/Doddlebutter
Registered
Reaction score
I sent the email to her [email protected] address. I didn't receive an email back saying that it would be automatically deleted. (I sent the email on Sept. 4th, btw)

So now I don't know what to do? Re-send the status email? (Although I hate the thoughts of bugging Kim, since she's playing catch up, as it is) My partial must have gotten lost...it's been out since April!

So confused/scared/nervous! I want to re-send, now that's back open to subs, but like I've said, I don't want to hound her, either.

:(

katpaws

writer/fangirl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theresabloginmysoup.blogspot.com
Hey bocabum,

I get the feeling that while Kim is all caught up on queries, she isn't quite all caught up on partials, but I'd imagine she has a lot more time to focus on them now that her deluge of queries is out of the way. Try not to worry! :) If you still haven't heard after another month or so, maybe send another polite nudge.

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, AgentQuery.com lists Jessica Faust as accepting queries, so I queried her yesterday and got 2 replies: one that she was on maternity leave until Jan. 4, and the other said that she was on leave until Jan. 18. (Maybe she's coming back the 4th but doesn't want to deal with new queries until the end of the month?) The second e-mail said that queries should be re-sent at the end of January. (At which point she'll be overwhelmed with new queries!) ;)

KatieR

Registered
Reaction score
It took six months for Kim to reply to me (r) - I think she was wiping out her in-box. I guess they must get thousands of submissions and I wonder how many staff the agency has?

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any contact/experience with Katelynn Lacopo?

Fmate66

Registered
Reaction score
I have just started submitting to agents (scary!) and Kim was one of the ones I chose along with Jessica Faust. I got the out of office message from Jessica instantly and then a 'closed to submissions until Jan 18th' message from Kim 24 hours later.

Is this positive or does it mean nothing? Has she scanned my query and wants me to resubmit or would she just be saying this to everyone who queries at the moment?

I suspect its the latter but I just wanted some confirmation.

Just wanted to say I have been lurking and reading for ages and I am so grateful you guys are here. To be able to come and find threads about specific people I am thinking of dealing with is invaluable.

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
I have just started submitting to agents (scary!) and Kim was one of the ones I chose along with Jessica Faust. I got the out of office message from Jessica instantly and then a 'closed to submissions until Jan 18th' message from Kim 24 hours later.

Is this positive or does it mean nothing? Has she scanned my query and wants me to resubmit or would she just be saying this to everyone who queries at the moment?

I suspect its the latter but I just wanted some confirmation.

Their website says:

Jessica Faust is on leave until January 18 and will not be accepting queries until that time.
Kim Lionetti is also closed to submissions until January 18.
Jacky Sach is closed to submissions at this time

Essentially, you're wasting your time querying them right now. You will need to re-query after January 18.

I've learned my lesson the hard way: research will save you time, money, and frustration (not much, but a little).

Fmate66

Registered
Reaction score
Ah ok. Thanks. I used that AgentQuery website but I guess I should have checked their specific website/s first. AQ had their status as accepting queries.

Lesson learned! Thanks for the reply :)

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Jessica posted this on twitter yesterday:

"querybox update: opened to queries 9/7, caught up on queries thru 9/11, caught up on proposals through July. 200 left to go."

MadDabbler

Clearly confused and adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisetompkins.net
How often. . .

Local worried newbie again: here's how it has gone.

1. Sent in e-query on 97k word UF. Bit nails.
2. Nails bled, received request for proposal quickly. Did happy dance. Chewed nails to first knuckle.
3. Have begun to worry that BookEnds requests many proposal. Have chewed my way to second knuckle. Am having trouble typing.
icon11.gif

4. In the interest of preserving the rest of my fingers, am asking for feedback from anyone who might know how often proposals (partials) are requested.

Thank you for your interest in preserving my hands.

Amy28

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Jessica for nonfiction on 10/11 and got a request for the full proposal the following day, 10/12. On 10/14, she emailed me saying she couldn't stop reading it (!!!!!) and asking if I had a full manuscript (which I don't, just a proposal). I communicated that to her and she said she planned to get back to me soon.

Talk about being nervous... :)

Last edited:

MadDabbler

Clearly confused and adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisetompkins.net
Talk about being nervous... :)

Congrats Amy28! Wow, do I ever want to be you! I figure I'll fall over in a dead faint if she asks for the full. For a variety of reasons, she's my dream agent. I want her so very much.

I wish you the absolute best in getting representation.
icon10.gif
<-- This is my "green with envy" smile for you.

Amy28

Registered
Reaction score
I got the phone call! Jessica has offered representation!!!! I talked with her for about 30 minutes later in the day and think we really click. I could not be more thrilled. Because I have the full proposal out with two other agencies, I have been in touch with them, but just so so so excited!