The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Jenny Meyer Literary Agency

Jenny Meyer Literary Agency

Specifically Aaron Rich. I see that the Agency handles a lot of foreign rights, but I'm looking for an agency that will sell to domestic U.S. publishers. Do they? I try to peirce the veil to seek the truth, but my Google powers are weak.

I also find Aaron Rich's name here and there, but not who his clients are or what books he's sold. Does anyone have more complete information?
    Look for CHILD OF FIRE from Del Rey! Read a sample chapter. Hey! it's been named to Publishers Weekly's Best Books of 2009 list!

Book 2 in the Twenty Palaces series: GAME OF CAGES. or check out these sample chapters.

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HConn View Post
    I also find Aaron Rich's name here and there, but not who his clients are or what books he's sold. Does anyone have more complete information?

Looked him up on Agent Query, and here are all the particulars.

He's building a client list, which is probably why you don't see any clients or books sold. He formerly was an intern at Sanford J. Greenburger (totally legit, BTW).

So he has the background...

~Nancy
    Last edited by JerseyGirl1962; 11-01-2007 at 05:42 PM.
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar
    Sent him a snail mail query 3 months ago and haven't heard back

I found his name on agentquery.com, but I'd like to have more info about the agency. I don't like to query people if I haven't already decided I'd like to work with them.

My major concern was that I'd found references to foreign sales but not domestic. After trying a new google search, I found one note that mentions sales to U.S. publishers. It's amazing what adding the word "sold" to a search string will get you.

But that answers my question.
    Look for CHILD OF FIRE from Del Rey! Read a sample chapter. Hey! it's been named to Publishers Weekly's Best Books of 2009 list!

Book 2 in the Twenty Palaces series: GAME OF CAGES. or check out these sample chapters.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I noticed Jenny Meyer handles foreign rights for a lot of other agencies, but it's always "except Asia." Just curious if anyone knows why she doesn't sell to Asia!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Aaron's AQ page is gone. The agency itself has recent sales (all credited to Jenny).
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Jenny now appears to be with Wendy Sherman Associates Inc.

Their Agents page: http://www.wsherman.com/agents/

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    She handles foreign rights for several agencies. She's her own entity, though.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: