Anyone See Hostel II..What Did Ya Think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I'm really into horror movies and always have been. I was just wondering if anyone has seen Hostel II and what did they think about the last ten minutes. I hate to state what scene I'm talking about incase someone is going to see it and I spoil it. My husband was cringing and I could see the pain in his face. I've never seen anything like the last torture scene on the big screen in my life. Minutes before the "big" scene I told him I could torture someone if they killed someone I love, then the manly torture scene came on. By the end of it he was asking me to never get that mad at him and do something like that to him. I had to laugh. I did tell all my girlfriends they needed to at least watch the last ten minutes of the movie. Quentin Tarentino out did himself with the end of this movie. The beginning was slow but the end made up for everything. I guess this shows what a really sick person I am.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Me and my friend Justin watched the movie in the theatre. We thought the movie was hilarious. Does this make me a horrible person?
No, to me it means the movie failed. I can't speak for your case, but in my own, if I don't care about the people involved, then I don't care if they start getting killed or whatever. As I said, the main characters in Hostel annoyed me so bad I not only didn't care what happened to them, I just turned it off.

The same with The Descent. Those 6 women were just so annoying that I was rooting for them to die.

Just like The House of Wax. Of course we're all going to watch and cheer when Paris Hilton gets it.

That doesn't make us bad people, it means they made a bad movie. Or portrayed the characters as unsympathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.