Question for Blogspot users

rejectME

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that Blogspot's page view counter is extremely inaccurate? You may have 20 folks visit your blog and Blogspot says that 4-5 have. It's very odd and I can't figure out why this is. I'm curious if it only counts other Blogspot users.

Anyone know anything about this or have had the same experience?

Cheers, Jerry

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
I don't use their counter (I use statcounter.com) but I think what's going on is you're seeing page loads instead of unique viewers.

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
Has anyone noticed that Blogspot's page view counter is extremely inaccurate? You may have 20 folks visit your blog and Blogspot says that 4-5 have. It's very odd and I can't figure out why this is. I'm curious if it only counts other Blogspot users.

Anyone know anything about this or have had the same experience?

Cheers, Jerry

Blogger has a page view counter?

Jessi

Registered
Reaction score
^ Same here. I didn't think Blogger had it's own counter. But yes, there can be a huge difference between counters....sometimes it's merely a difference between unique visitors and page views....and other times, counters simply don't count the same way, I guess.

rejectME

Registered
Reaction score
Oops! It's profile views. LOL. I thought it was odd because I use site meter, or least started to about a week and a half ago and my unique page views on SM in a week totaled about a third of the profile views. Anyway, I shouldn't get involved in anything tech-wise. I think I just ruined my blogrolls by trying to make them collapse, but it was fun! I should just work on Carnival II! :)

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
That would explain it! I thought they had snuck in something new when I wasn't looking!

Would be nice wouldn't it? I'd love it if they would allow editing the timestamp for articles. They seem to be behind in a lot of their features - looking at them now, the templates they have are extremely ugly. Mine included!

Wordpress has such elegant templates but they don't allow ads on blogs - so although the blog looks good, you can't make any money. Not that I would but it's nice to dream about it.

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
I figured out to fiddle with my wee ghostie blog so it's not as awful as it was though Blogger certainly needs a template update! Anyone have tips on how to change things around?

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
I actually like the template thatI have on Blogger. It's simple, clean and I can put the focus on what I want to focus on instead of making it this crazy, all over the place blog with no focal point. It's one of the reasons why I chose Blogger over LJ. It seemed more graphic-oriented than Blogger which I didn't want and I just find Blogger, at least my template, more aestetically pleasing. If you know code, you can change the template pretty easily from what I understand.

With the ads, how do you make money with them? I don't get that...

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
There are some great threads here in the Blogging forum on just that. Do a search up top or start wading! As for myself, I've earned about $7.14 from AdSense. HA!

I think I've "earned" about $27.00. If I ever see any of it I'll buy you a virtual cup of coffee. :e2coffee:

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pacificpurple.blogspot.com
About that profile views thing, I wonder if it might be because people viewing your blog itself maybe not always go and look at your profile. I know I rarely look at people's profiles unless they are new to me.

I was getting nothing from Adsense, so I quit that. I don't know how people do it. Maybe I need to put the ad right at the top, but I don't want that to be the focus of my blog :)

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
Would be nice wouldn't it? I'd love it if they would allow editing the timestamp for articles. They seem to be behind in a lot of their features - looking at them now, the templates they have are extremely ugly. Mine included!

Wordpress has such elegant templates but they don't allow ads on blogs - so although the blog looks good, you can't make any money. Not that I would but it's nice to dream about it.

several points
  1. you can change the time stamp. just go into post options and change the date. if you mean scheduling posts in advance, then no that can't be done but you can change the time and date of a post
  2. wordpress don't allow adsense but there are other ads available and some pay better.
  3. you can get free template skins, just google it. or if you look in blogger help they list some websites that offer free skins. i use a freeskin at my reality tv blog although i altered it to suit me and the header graphic was designed for me by one of my bloggers

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
several points
  1. you can change the time stamp. just go into post options and change the date. if you mean scheduling posts in advance, then no that can't be done but you can change the time and date of a post
  2. wordpress don't allow adsense but there are other ads available and some pay better.
  3. you can get free template skins, just google it. or if you look in blogger help they list some websites that offer free skins. i use a freeskin at my reality tv blog although i altered it to suit me and the header graphic was designed for me by one of my bloggers

Yes, I know how to change the time stamp, I meant scheduling posts. In Wordpress I think it is called editing the timestamp. It's late so I could be wrong about that, but yes I meant scheduling posts.

Can you actually put ads on Wordpress? I thought you couldn't?

I'll look into the skins - thanks for the tip