AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Creative Trust Inc. / Helmers Literary Services (Kathryn Helmers)

[Agency] Creative Trust Inc. / Helmers Literary Services (Kathryn Helmers)

I recently read a novel I really loved and checked to see who the agent was. Kathryn Helmers of Helmers Literary. But she doesn't show up on AgentQuery and has no website that I can find. Several of her authors - well-known names - refer to her with glowing praise.

Can I safely assume she's not interested in taking on new clients, seeing as she's making herself so hard to find? Does anybody have any information about her?

ETA: I have searched the entire Water Cooler for references to her, and found none. I do have photographic evidence that she really exists...
    Disenchanted is now out!

My website, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ (yeah, seriously), Goodreads, Pinterest--it's getting ridiculous.

Back to freelancing again... emsuniverse's Avatar
    Found her email through google.

helmersliterary @ msn.com (no spaces.)
    Everyone loves a Blog

Twitter: emilyshendricks (follow me?)
    FB page: The View From Down Here (like me?)

Sockpuppet
    P&E says she has a record of sales:

Kathryn Helmers: $ A literary agent at Helmers Literary.
    An agent without a website isn't always a red flag. Irritating, yes, red flag, no. As long as they have sales to commercial publishers which Helmers certainly has.

Yup, she's got sales, that shows up in a few places. I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort trying to contact her (when I'm ready to query, that is) when maybe the lack of a website of any kind is a way of saying "I'm already busy, leave me alone."

Thanks, you guys, for the input.
    Disenchanted is now out!

My website, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ (yeah, seriously), Goodreads, Pinterest--it's getting ridiculous.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Helmers Literary Services is now partnered with Creative Trust, Inc. www.creativetrust.com

Not your kid brother's YA Red.Ink.Rain's Avatar
    I work with her daughter.
    City of Shadows: The only thing worse than a defect who is allowed to live is a defect who dares to love.
    Strange and Beautiful: Magic never comes cheap.
    Seven: In Dead Horse, Colorado, his story repeats itself.

What do they accept in terms of genre?

And Red.Ink.Rain, can you share some experiences?
    The Effigies Series (YA Superhero Fantasy/Simon Pulse)
    FATE OF FLAMES (Book #1) coming November 22, 2016
    Add on: Goodreads

Purchase Links and Synopsis

Feather Bound (YA Magical Realism/Strange Chemistry Books/Spring 2014):
    *Now available.*
    Add on: Goodreads
    Purchase Links and Sample Chapter

My twitter is real.

As is my website!

Not your kid brother's YA Red.Ink.Rain's Avatar
    I'm afraid I can't, actually. I've never actually met her, I only know her daughter. Sorry.
    City of Shadows: The only thing worse than a defect who is allowed to live is a defect who dares to love.
    Strange and Beautiful: Magic never comes cheap.
    Seven: In Dead Horse, Colorado, his story repeats itself.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Creative Trust Inc., Literary Group: http://www.creativetrust.com/literary.html

What is your literary submission policy?

Creative Trust Literary Group does not accept unsolicited manuscripts or book proposals from unpublished authors. We do accept unsolicited inquiries from previously published authors under the following requisites; email inquiries only, which must not be accompanied by attachments of any kind, to submission@creativetrust.com. Please indicate “Literary Submission” in your subject line. Due to the volume of queries we receive, we are not able to respond except to request additional materials.

By the way, if you are a new author, or are just looking for some publishing industry information or direction, consider visiting www.writersmarket.com. They have many valuable resources and events to equip aspiring authors. We wish you well!
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Anything new on this agency? They seem to have a lot of great books out there.