Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ayesha Pande Literary (formerly Collins Literary Agency)

This hat is getting too hot Chumplet's Avatar
    Good luck, J.S.

practical experience, FTW Treehouseman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.F. View Post
    Submitted with their online form for The Undernet. It's a YA thriller about a teen nerd who's into gaming and discovers the hidden dangers of the Darknet (which is real) and the newest system around, the Undernet (which is not real) and gets more than he bargained for when he searches for the person who murdered his best friend. Along the way, he crosses paths with the FBI, local thugs, gamesoft nerds, trolls, and a whole lot of unsavory characters.
    Oh, have you read Ready Player One? It could be a comp title to this, and was a bestseller recently, too. (I thought it was fantastic...)
    Writin' Urban Explorin' and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Treehouseman View Post
    Oh, have you read Ready Player One? It could be a comp title to this, and was a bestseller recently, too. (I thought it was fantastic...)
    ---

No, I haven't, but there goes my "original" idea...crap...

To be honest, once I write a story, I don't bother googling to see if someone else did it. While I don't want to be accused of plagiarism, I doubt my story is like this one...but since you mentioned it, I'll have to have a look on amazon...

Okay, just googled and my novel is nowhere similar to Ready Player One. Whew...(wipes sweat off brow)...but I'll read that novel just in case. It sounds fascinating, and thanks for pointing that out to me.

figuring it all out
    Sent a submission to Sergei in early October. It has been only 3 months now, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear something positive in the near future.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Three months is a loong time to have a query. I sent mine two weeks ago. Still hoping to hear back.

This hat is getting too hot Chumplet's Avatar
    I hit the three month mark yesterday, and I'm considering a nudge.

ETA: Now that I look at the site, it seems to imply that they'll only respond if interested. I'm not holding my breath, then...
    Last edited by Chumplet; 02-10-2016 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Upon further reflection...

Any updates on this agency? I have a few of their books that I greatly enjoyed, (Black City and Phoenix), and received a partial request on Tuesday, then a full request today.

- - - Updated - - -

Stephany Evans has joined Ayesha Pande Literary as an agent, where she'll continue to represent her list of adult fiction and nonfiction. Previously, she was a principal at FinePrint Literary Management.

--PW
    Running On Empty available now.

The Right Hand Rule
    available now.
    My website

figuring it all out quianaa2001's Avatar
    Has anyone queried Ayesha lately? Any info on her times?

I queried her in late June, and nudged with an offer in late August. Not expecting an answer, but I'll give her a polite notice of withdrawal when the window closes.

This M/M space opera
    Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at Etsy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234