• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ayesha Pande Literary (formerly Collins Literary Agency)

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Submitted with their online form for The Undernet. It's a YA thriller about a teen nerd who's into gaming and discovers the hidden dangers of the Darknet (which is real) and the newest system around, the Undernet (which is not real) and gets more than he bargained for when he searches for the person who murdered his best friend. Along the way, he crosses paths with the FBI, local thugs, gamesoft nerds, trolls, and a whole lot of unsavory characters.

Oh, have you read Ready Player One? It could be a comp title to this, and was a bestseller recently, too. (I thought it was fantastic...)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, have you read Ready Player One? It could be a comp title to this, and was a bestseller recently, too. (I thought it was fantastic...)
---

No, I haven't, but there goes my "original" idea...crap... ;)

To be honest, once I write a story, I don't bother googling to see if someone else did it. While I don't want to be accused of plagiarism, I doubt my story is like this one...but since you mentioned it, I'll have to have a look on amazon...

Okay, just googled and my novel is nowhere similar to Ready Player One. Whew...(wipes sweat off brow)...but I'll read that novel just in case. It sounds fascinating, and thanks for pointing that out to me.

alaktas

Registered
Reaction score
Sent a submission to Sergei in early October. It has been only 3 months now, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear something positive in the near future.

Detroit

Registered
Reaction score
Three months is a loong time to have a query. I sent mine two weeks ago. Still hoping to hear back.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I hit the three month mark yesterday, and I'm considering a nudge.

ETA: Now that I look at the site, it seems to imply that they'll only respond if interested. I'm not holding my breath, then...

Last edited:

Jaegur

mmmm words.
Registered
Reaction score
Any updates on this agency? I have a few of their books that I greatly enjoyed, (Black City and Phoenix), and received a partial request on Tuesday, then a full request today.

- - - Updated - - -

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Stephany Evans has joined Ayesha Pande Literary as an agent, where she'll continue to represent her list of adult fiction and nonfiction. Previously, she was a principal at FinePrint Literary Management.

--PW

PMcKnight

Turning caffeine into novels
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ayesha on 5/12. Not holding my breath for an actual response

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Yeah, I queried her back in January and never heard back. I have a note in my Excel that says "response by 20 March else it's a pass," so I guess there must have been something that gave me that deadline, either on the site or in a auto response.

PMcKnight

Turning caffeine into novels
Registered
Reaction score
I honestly just scoured their website for any inkling of a "no response means no" or a timeline for any of the agents and there's nothing.

Though I'm coming up on a full year of sending out queries for my MS, might be time to shelve it and try again once the next MS is completed

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Ah, I just checked, and it WAS an auto response: "Thank you for contacting Ayesha Pande Literary. We look forward to reading your query. Please note that due to the large volume of queries we receive, you will hear back from us only if we are interested in reading more. Thank you for your understanding."

I must have calculated the date from the 6-8 weeks cited on their Queries page.