• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Marketing] BookWise & Co. / WriteWise

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I have a very good friend who sent me this (see below). I've been trying to get her to write a book on real estate, and she's been working on an outline. I know she wants to market her book directly to clients once it is done. (And as every deity anyone can call on is my witness, I have TRIED to get her to come here).

So this morning she forwards me this.... and it looks like a plot to get her money..and possibly creative control of what she is doing.

Anybody know of this organization...these people??

title.jpg
Welcome to BookWise. We're glad you're onboard. Congratulations on making an intelligent choice in joining the most intelligent home-based business in the world.
That's a pretty bold statement to make but BookWise is a very bold company.
As the founders of BookWise we wanted to connect you to our two great passions: One, great books that inspire and motivate. Two, helping people succeed in business. BookWise is the perfect collision of those two goals.
Every day, as a BookWise Associate, you'll be enhancing your life and the lives of hundreds of people around you because of a renewed emphasis on reading and learning. That's very intelligent.
As an independent business person you now have access to tax training, wealth management training, and seminars on writing and publishing. Very smart.
Our personalized sales training is unlike anything else in the industry. You will have access to archives and an entire network of Podcasts full of tips and insights about being successful in your efforts. Brilliant!
And our generous compensation plan with matching commissions for every additional associate you enroll is revolutionary. BookWise is the ongoing residual stream of income you've been hoping to find.
We invite you to take advantage of all the powerful tools we've designed to help you succeed. BookWise is an amazingly successful company, but equally important, it is the best way for you to be successful in reaching the financial goals you've made for you and your family. It's a wise choice.
We're so pleased you're a part of our team. And thanks for all your hard work in making BookWise the most intelligent home-based business in the world. Remember, the most important way to be successful in BookWise is to be book wise. Immerse yourself in great books. Learn. Grow. Enrich your life. BookWise is the good life through good books.

rpesig.jpg

Richard Paul Evans___Robert G. Allen

footer.jpg

© BookWise & Company. All rights reserved.

Last edited:

kalel32

Registered
Reaction score
Victoria and Crispin wrote about it on Writer Beware blog I believe. Not too good.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
O dear lord.....

SIGH::::::::

How do I convince my friend that this is not a thing to do?

Yes, I will send her this link...and try to convince her that if she does not want to use traditional publishing...at lest find someone better than these folks.

BarbJ

Registered
Reaction score
Ya gotta laugh...

"That's a pretty bold statement to make but BookWise is a very bold company." Not as bold as PA, I'll bet. Try harder.

"BookWise is the perfect collision of those two goals." As in train-wreck? (bolding mine)

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
I have a very good friend who sent me this (see below). I've been trying to get her to write a book on real estate, and she's been working on an outline. I know she wants to market her book directly to clients once it is done. (And as every deity anyone can call on is my witness, I have TRIED to get her to come here).

1. You are trying to convince her to write a book.
2. She's agreed to do an outline.
3. She refuses to come to a writer's board.

I'd question whether or not she really wants to write a book and your own motives for trying to convince her. As we all know, writing a book is no simple task. And, if she doesn't have a passion for it, then it probably isn't the right thing for her.

I might think she's just an unmotivated person who needs a friend to constantly push her toward her goals, but I don't think you'd be trying to get her to write a book on real estate if she wasn't some type of real estate expert, and it's hard to become an expert on something if you are an unmotivated person.

Are you sure you aren't projecting your own passion for writing into her?

I'd tell her that if she doesn't want to write a book, that's fine. But if she does want to do it, and is planning on doing it, she needs to get information on the world of publishing by visiting a website like this one, or writer's beware, etc.

To do otherwise would be like buying a piece of ocean front property in New Mexico sight unseen.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
1. You are trying to convince her to write a book.
2. She's agreed to do an outline.
3. She refuses to come to a writer's board.

I'd question whether or not she really wants to write a book and your own motives for trying to convince her. As we all know, writing a book is no simple task. And, if she doesn't have a passion for it, then it probably isn't the right thing for her.

I might think she's just an unmotivated person who needs a friend to constantly push her toward her goals, but I don't think you'd be trying to get her to write a book on real estate if she wasn't some type of real estate expert, and it's hard to become an expert on something if you are an unmotivated person.

She IS some type of real estate expert.
She's spent the past few years trying to teach folks in our circle of friends how to to take care of real estate deals so that they profit on them.
It was actually another friend who said:
"If you could write this all down, you'd be rich!"

And I told her, to go ahead and do it, and I'd beta, proof, edit and hand hold.

And I've tried to show her that this is among the best places to come to learn the craft.

But she is a big believer in sales organizations, because they are 'energizing'. And in truth, in real estate, as in some other fields, it is good to belong to a professional organization because a lot of them back you up with leads, free conferences and sales materials, and of course, trade discounts and perks like insurance coverage.

However at first flush, this didn't look like any of that...this looked like 'Desert Rose'.

But I needed some hard evidence to back up my impression.

I didn't want to blast the company if they were, uh, simply goig to charge her $5.00 a month to list her book on their website.

But $459.00 a year just to be one of their members? and...no mention if they even have something resembling a printing press....

Friends don't let friends get skunked.

Now, folks...chant for a revelation. Chant for her to come to AW..

AAAAAWWWWWW......AAAAWWWWW.....AAAAAAAWWWWW

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
I hope she doesn't think BookWise is going to publish her book. It's not a publisher, it's a bookselling pyramid scheme. I think it may plan to throw a bone or two to self- and small-press-pubbed authors, but it looks to me as if it's mostly going to deal with the big boys.

Actually, it sounds as if the book she wants to write might be one of those projects that's perfect for self-publishing, because it has a very clear target audience that she can probably reach on her own.

- Victoria

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I hope she doesn't think BookWise is going to publish her book. It's not a publisher, it's a bookselling pyramid scheme. I think it may plan to throw a bone or two to self- and small-press-pubbed authors, but it looks to me as if it's mostly going to deal with the big boys.

Actually, it sounds as if the book she wants to write might be one of those projects that's perfect for self-publishing, because it has a very clear target audience that she can probably reach on her own.

- Victoria

That's what I think, too. She has a website and has been asked to speak to a group early next year. If she is a good speaker, that will turn into a good promotion opportunity.

I sent her the link and she wants to talk about it.

Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
I hope she doesn't think BookWise is going to publish her book. It's not a publisher, it's a bookselling pyramid scheme.

BookWise now is a publisher--a vanity publisher--which provides another money-making opportunity for BookWise associates, who get a fat commission for selling BookWise's WriteWise program. I blogged about WriteWise a while ago.

- Victoria

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Hmmm. The connection between a MLM program focusing on printed books and a "learning community" focusing on audio, video, ebooks, and webcasts isn't really clear to me. No word about any merger on iLearningGlobal's website, either.

Interesting, but not all that surprising, that WriteWise appears to have survived. Not in the same form as the original program, though, because now it seems to have become a high-priced "learning" course rather than a vanity publishing endeavor with a MLM sales approach.

- Victoria

Last edited: