Dreams...

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Dreams are so… weird.

This thread is for you to post your dreams or anything dream-related. A recurring dream, an especially vivid one – whatever.

This morning I dreamed I met my ex-fiancee. I think she sought me out for one reason or another. Or I met her at a party and she then sought me out. You know how dreams are.

The meeting between her and I was so poignant, bittersweet and heartbreaking. So realistic and believable as far as her reactions etc. go. She was as beautiful as ever, yet older, wiser, a little hardened by life.

She was there for something related to the event, I don’t remember what – but towards the end, I broke down my wall and made an attempt to apologize and rekindle what we once had. But she shot it down. (Just for the record, I never fooled around on her or did anything bad – I was just at a point in my life where my work was more important than our relationship and I was young, stupid and cocky enough to let her go as a result. I rue it to this day.)

Her boyfriend was out of town (I think that might’ve had something to do with why she sought me out) but their relationship had deteriorated to the point where they each basically did whatever they wanted while still living together and she was comfortable with that.

We left the party together so I could bring her home to where she lived. Somehow though, as is wont to do in dreams, we got separated and I spent a large portion of the dream looking for her, getting repeatedly lost (it was some small Appalachian area too. Yeah, I know – weird.) I finally arrived at their place but she was still not with me.

The kicker was that her boyfriend was a writer. For some reason, when I entered their place, he had this automatic message thing at the door when you walk in. He gave a greeting to both his friends and his enemies and referred them to his book which was mounted on a display by the door for all to see.

I walked over and read the first page and was surprised that it was good. A thriller-spoof type novel.

I woke up sad.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I had this weird dream last night. I solved a murder mystery. The keys to my success were a periodic table, though not of the elements, and a doctor selling gin from the back door of the hospital.

I have no idea, either. I just call it as it appears in my head.

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
I dreamt I was on the umpteenth floor of some big dorm building and I couldn't find my way around. Then the building started to tip over, and while it was going down, I woke up.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I usually dream I have to go to the bathroom really, really, really in a hurry, and I can't find a bathroom. This is a recurring dream.

Then, when I finally find a bathroom, instead of there being a toilet in the room, there's a chair, so I can't really do anything.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. Two nights ago I dreamt I was walking up a logging road in the woods in northern Maine, toward a cabin, and I got attacked by a pack of wild dogs. I had to jump in a freezing-cold lake to get away from them.

I'm convinced I'm going to die in the northern Maine woods someday - all my more violent dreams always involve that old dirt road, and that lake.

Last edited:

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I remembered my dreams. I almost never have vivid dreams and if I do they only last like 5 seconds. I'd love to be able to remember.

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I have quite vivid dreams every night and usually remember t hem, especially the scary ones. My problem is the logic of the dream seems to evaporate if I try to tell someone about it. Most of mine for the past few months have involved me being back home in Georgia at the house I own there, cooking a holiday (usually Christmas) dinner and decorating for it, and all my huge extended family there even though I know they're all dead.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I hate it when old lovers invade my slumber.

And it happens quite often, when I'm depressed, usually.
(And I've been depressed alot lately.............)

Sometimes it's supposed to be one person, but he has the face/body of another person. Of course I always know who it is.

This is a depressing thread. Thanks Brokenfingers!

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
My problem is the logic of the dream seems to evaporate if I try to tell someone about it.

Same here. It's like trying to explain my MS/WIP to someone; all the coherence just vanishes, and I'm left trying to explain how it really does make sense, if you know what I'm talking about. :)

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Whenever I go back to bed after getting my kids on the school bus, I have crazy dreams. I did that this morning (hey, it's cool, and raining, and the windows are open--perfect sleeping weather, I took advantage).

So I dreamed that my husband and I bought a new house, a big one, in rather shabby shape, but we were happy because we like to do home improvement. We were getting up for the day, and hubby looks out the window of our bedroom into the backyard and sees two dead bodies sprawled just outside the back patio on the grass. He walks away from the window in distress, and I approach to see. It's two women, one in a green gown and the other wearing a shirt the same color with jeans. Then I see them start moving. I say, "Call the police," and run downstairs to check on the women.

They're standing when I reach the backdoor, and I ask, "Are you okay? What happened?"

The one in the jeans says, "Whoo! I never knew this was such a party town!"

Gown says, "We would have slept on the patio, but it's dirty."

hahahahaha...guess I wasn't in the mood for a murder mystery. I sent them off with an EMT and promised that the next time they needed my yard to sleep it off, I'd have the patio cleaned and some furniture out there for them. :D

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
last night i had this crazy crazy dream that thunder and haggis both (yes, both!) became mods. scary scary stuff --

thank god it was just a dream,.....

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
The other day I dreamt a girl friend was going to have sex with a guy friend. Problem is, the guy is gay. *shrugs*

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
last night i had this crazy crazy dream that thunder and haggis both (yes, both!) became mods. scary scary stuff --

thank god it was just a dream,.....

I had this same dream....and then there was a huge mutiny!
Hmmm.......!!

To keep it on the light side.......I always have nightmares or bad dreams if you will, it's something to do with my REM sleep, so the doc's tell me.
This particular dream last night happened after watching South Park, the episode where Imagination is under a terrorist attack.

Well, instead of Care Bears....you know caring, they were turned in to killing machines and strapped with grenades and ozies. They were chasing every one around, these little 3' tall killing machines.

It was like WWT........World War Teddy.......or some crap.
Carrying on....I read Max Brooks Zombie Survival Guide a while back and in my dream I used the tactics I learned from the book.
You may think it's funny, but it's like having Chucky and the Terminator all in one 3' Care Bear.
Bad thing is I love Funshine bear and he ended up being my nemesis. Go figure!
How did it end?
A large radioactive cloud started to rain on every thing ...humans took shelter and the care bears freaked out and just stopped working.......I think they were machines or something.

The End.

Last edited:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I dreamed that I gave birth to twins and then I had to bury them -- I actually dug the holes -- and my wife (who the heck is she?) cried and said I was a monster...

Now, analyze that.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I have a recurring dream about the same man yet the story varies.

There is one plus in my life, I never have dreams about ex’s probably because I don’t regret any of my breakups. :D

Confession: I have had a few dreams about AW members which leads me to believe I need to do a self-ban soon.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I dreamed that I gave birth to twins and then I had to bury them -- I actually dug the holes -- and my wife (who the heck is she?) cried and said I was a monster...

Now, analyze that.
Wow, if you were the one giving birth - I'd hate to see your "wife"! :D

Hmmm... ok, in the interest of discussion of dreams etc. I'm gonna try and interpret your dream for you. (Of course this is bunk and solely in the pursuit of fun and interest in the world of dreams, what they're for and how weird they are.)

I'd say the 'wife' represents your creative half. You might've recently came up with two poems, story ideas, plot lines, etc and then discarded them or adhered to a previous idea. Obviously your other half disagrees with this.

Or you might be suppressing some creative impulses due to real-time constraints (like time or money etc.) Again, it's causing your creative half to tell you you're wrong during your sleep.

That'll be fifty dollars, please. :D

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
There is one plus in my life, I never have dreams about ex’s probably because I don’t regret any of my breakups. :D

Confession: I have had a few dreams about AW members which leads me to believe I need to do a self-ban soon.

I second that.... and I have had some dreams about AW members too.......why do I always feel like the Bonnie half of Bonnie and Clyde when I do have these dreams though?

Ha self-ban? Pffftttt......I enjoy those dreams....who needs reality?
Just give me a huge dose of Nyquil and let me go back to sleep!

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
I've only ever dreamed about AW once and that was when, in the dream, a friend and I pulled off an extraordinary heist with a dump truck full of gold. We somehow escaped and went on the run but the world knew who we were and what we had done. I logged on to AW to check the boards and sure enough there was a thread about, "OMG did you hear what clock_work9 did?"

Almost all the responses were very moral and along the lines of "I'm so disappointed," "Stealing is wrong," and one AWer in particular (not naming names) said, "If he wants to be a criminal, so be it the stupid little &*%£!."

It made me feel bad.

But I've already rented the dump truck so try to be nice when you read about me in the paper.

I love only gold!

Only gold!

I love gooooooolllld!

Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
i don't have any dreams to share. I sacked up all my nightmares (good bits for writing for someone else, I wasn't going to use them) and gave them to PeeDee a few months ago. I haven't seen 'em since.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man, I had this same idea for a thread a few days back... okay, here goes.

I have a recurring dream in which I'm a chicken farmer.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have also had bad dreams about people I love.

A few weeks ago I dreamed that my older sister called me and told me that my mother had gone for a medical test for some health problem and that "seven hours later she was gone." It was very vivid and I remember those words very clearly.

The next day I had to check up on my mom to see if she was okay. She was, but I couldn't get the dream out of my mind. Some of my dreams have really happened.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man, I had this same idea for a thread a few days back... okay, here goes.

I have a recurring dream in which I'm a chicken farmer.
Just please don't tell me you run around choking them...

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Wow, perfect timing for this thread. I just had my first dream about an AWer-- Azraelsbane! I was doing some sort of science experiment with water finding its own level (surprise, it does), and I kept asking her to get stuff for me. She was REALLY pissed off, like, "What the heck? Go get it yourself!!!" Then some boy from my high school years appeared and she was all infatuated with him and she handed me this neon green foam helmet (yeah, I have no idea) and told me NOT TO LOSE IT while she made out with this guy. So naturally the rest of the dream involved me losing the helmet and trying desperately to get it back before she found out and beat me up or something. WAAAH!