• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent] Randy Hirsch

absolutewrite

Everyone in my writing group got this same piece of spam. Thought I'd alert you to it. This is not a producer looking to buy scripts-- this is someone trying to convince unsuspecting writers to pay him to "package" their scripts.

Jenna's advice: Hit the delete key.

HEY JENNA: How are you? I've spent the past seven months developing, creating, producing, packaging, promoting, and assembling an award winning behind the camera crew, and an all star cast with fourteen stars attached -- and it's my first screenplay! I completed writing a 75 page business plan a few months ago that has attracted a number of studios, distributors and investors.... After working on my completed feature length original screenplay for two years, we're finally in pre-production... Last October 2003, I wrote and produced a 15 minute short film, ONCE IN A LIFETIME, the short, that was accepted into four international film festivals.... The short film was my "calling card" to the industry and I used it as a demo and a trailer for the feature film... You can view the original festival version on IFILM if you have high speed cable or DSL... www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2476810

I had the short re-edited recently by the same film editor who will be working on the feature film, ONCE IN A LIFETIME: JUST GO FOR IT! He offered to re-edit the film which was originally shot on Mini DV and was twenty minutes... He got it down to 12 minutes and burned it onto a DVD at no charge -- just to prove himself to us...

I've included our most recent announcement below.... I completed the production schedules and initial production budget in December 2003 for the feature film, and I wrote the business plan in January of this year... I hired a professional film consultant and paid him $8K to teach me about film budgets, production schedules, and business plans -- and even the basics of directing... We now have an all star cast and award winning behind the camera crew assembled... I have a few more weeks before things get really busy with pre-production... I have a special agreement with my two co-producers... I don't have to be an "on set" producer on this one, I can move on to other projects right away, and that's what I'm doing... Film makers, screenwriters and producers from all over the world are contacting me and sending me scripts, asking me to executive produce their film projects too... They take one look at the cast and crew for my project, and what I've accomplished in a relatively short period of time, and make me an offer... If you still need some help with fundraising, investor contacts, film financing, etc... Let me know... I also have eleven film financing investors...

Since I arrived a year ago from Seattle, I've completed a short film -- got the short into four international film festivals, completed my original screenplay which is now scheduled to begin production at the end of October (150 people are ready and waiting to get started on my first screenplay), written a book about my expereinces and adventures getting this film made, www.kismet-book.com/, a step by step guide for film makers and screenwriters everywhere, and I'm developing six more independent films as an executive producer -- not a bad way to kick off my first year in Hollywood!

I have the capability of producing your film project... I can prepare the production budget and a business plan for you, package it up with behind the camera crew and some actors and actresses, and then take it to eleven film financiers who finance films between $1 - 10 million budgets... I do charge a nominal producer's preparation and business plan writing fee (as a retainer), for the great deal of time it takes to package all of this up, PLUS a 5% finder's fee on whatever funding I bring in, (after funds are in place) and some back end points for producing -- and an executive producer and / or producer credit of course... I'll need to see your script right away... Can you email it to me in PDF or Word format? Thanks...

My route is effective and immediate... First we break down the script scene by scene, I'll do a production budget, attach the behind the camera crew and a couple of stars, and write the professional fifty page business plan... The whole process will take about a month, maybe six weeks, then we can submit the entire project to all eleven film investors that I'm associated with, and see who comes in first...

But you have to be very serious about getting this movie made...

If you have more than one script, we'll have to choose the most "marketable" project out of the bunch, within the budget ranges of $1 to $10 million, because that's what these investors are looking for... I defer most of my compensation until after funding comes in for your film project... The initial things I do are going through the script scene by scene, getting all of the locations figured out, props for each scene and characters... Place a listing under films in preparation in the Hollywood Reporter charts, selecting a start date for production (we'll just guestimate for now) then we'll start assembling some behind the camera crew and cast, preparing the initial production budget and then finally, I'll write the complete thirty to fifty page business plan to present to the twelve film investors I have contacts with... I just spoke with one investor in Florida who wants me to put together a multi picture financing deal with him... I'll let you pay the business plan writing / preparation fee and retainer in two or three installments as we make progress on your film project... I'll submit the entire package to twelve investors, who are looking for film projects in the $1 to $10 million budget ranges....

My strategy is a little different -- I'm proposing we aggressively start on your project as an independent feature film... I'm not some big fat cat working for a studio, or a big distributor like Miramax who wants to give you a few bucks for your script and then boot you off the project, or option your script and let it sit on the shelf for a year... If you're really serious about getting this film made, and into pre-production within six months, then this is the way to go... I've just gone through the entire process... It's a great deal of time to compile a production budget, break down your script, prepare a business plan, submit twelve investor packages etc... In addition to the preparation fee, I'd like a finder's fee of 5% of the amount of funding I bring in, a producer and executive producer screen credit, 10% on the back end of producer's net proceeds and a co-producer's salary during production.... We will budget for a nice screenplay fee for you, and a co-producer's salary for yourself as well during production, plus you will retain at least 30% of all worldwide net proceeds as the owner, writer and copyright holder of the project... I'll stick with you and the project all the way until we secure a distribution deal if you want me to... I'll need you to mail me a hard copy of the script, but first I'd like you to email the synopsis...... Is that possible? Call or email back ASAP...

I'm looking for very marketable projects, with writers, directors and other producers that I can get along with, excellent scripts, and film makers who are very serious about getting their films into pre-production within six months..... Let's get started and make a movie... Do you really want to see this get made? Now's the time to really do something about it.... Looking forward to working with you... Have a GREAT week and best regards,
Randy Hirsch (818) 367-1995
Producer, director, screenwriter, executive producer, author
www.kismet-book.com/

P.S. I built and sold four accounting and tax businesses prior to becoming a screenwriter and producer (ten years small business tax and accounting, and business writing experience.) I'm available for business plans, ghostwriting, script re-writes, script doctoring, editing, proofreading, web content, sales and marketing and advertising materials, articles, line producing, production accounting and of course executive producing (packaging up independent film projects and getting them funded is what I love to do now...)

ONCE IN A LIFETIME PRODUCTIONS

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

FIRST IMPRESSION ENTERTAINMENT

PRESENTS

Sean Astin Joey Lauren Adams Shannon Elizabeth

starring in

ONCE IN A LIFETIME: “JUST GO FOR IT!”
a
Randy Hirsch film

PRODUCED BY

Robert J. Locke & Randy Hirsch

Co-Starring

Ed Asner, Tim Daly, Elle Fanning,
Ali MacGraw, Jenny McCarthy, Judd Nelson,
Paul Sorvino, Dean Stockwell and Catherine Bell

ANNOUNCEMENT:

ATTACHED TO THE PROJECT SO FAR:

SEAN ASTIN TO PLAY MITCH HAMMOND

JUDD NELSON TO PLAY JEFF NICHOLSON

JOEY LAUREN ADAMS TO PLAY JENNIFER (Chasing Amy, Big Daddy, Dazed and Confused

TANYA FISHBURN TO PLAY BRANDY

JENNY MCCARTHY TO PLAY SALLY (Scream 3, Scary Movie 3, Playboy Bunny of the Year 1994)
CATHERINE BELL TO PLAY LIZA'S ATTORNEY (Jag, Bruce Almighty)
ED ASNER TO PLAY MR. COREY
PAUL SORVINO TO PLAY THE JUDGE IN ADOPTION PROCEEDING
DEAN STOCKWELL TO PLAY GEORGE LEWIS
ALI MACGRAW TO PLAY CAROL LEWIS (Love Story, The Getaway)
ELLE FANNING TO PLAY MOLLY (Daddy Day Care, I am Sam, younger sister of
Dakota Fanning, Man on Fire with Denzel Washington)
MICHAEL SORVINO TO PLAY VINNIE (Paul Sorvino's son)
LEE BURNS TO PLAY TOM (Appeared in a Jason Priestley movie and Scott Glen
movie recently)
TIM DALY TO PLAY GERALD HAMMOND (Sopranos)
REGGIE LEE TO PLAY THE NOSEY MOVER
JAY MICHAEL FERGUSON TO PLAY THE BAR GUY
DOROTHY LYMAN TO PLAY RUTH
SHANNON ELIZABETH TO PLAY LIZA

BEHIND THE CAMERA CREW:

RUSS ALSOBROOK, CINEMATOGRAPHER (Six made for TV Disney movies, Dragnet, Lizzie McGuire Show)
HALEY MCLANE, SCRIPT SUPERVISOR (Van Helsing, Usual Suspects, First season of the Practice)
RICHARD LEVIN, FIRST ASST DIRECTOR (Five seasons of Beverly Hills 90210, Sabrina the teenage witch)
CHERELLE GEORGE, PRODUCTION MANAGER & LINE PRODUCER (45 independent movies, music videos and shorts)
ED WHITE, PRODUCTION SOUND MIXER (Over 100 movies including Murder in the First and Freeway)
ABBY POLAKOW, COSTUME DESIGNER (Six independent movies)
JAY VETTER, PRODUCTION DESIGNER AND ART DIRECTOR (All of the Farrelly Brothers movies, Shallow Hal, Me Myself and Irene, There's Something About Mary, Stuck On You)
KENNY PETERSON, PROPERTY MASTER (25 years experience)
ROBERT LOCKE, CO-PRODUCER (Five feature films, 30 plays in New York, 26 episode television series)
LACEY TERRELL, STILL PHOTOGRAPHER
RAY HARRIS, STORYBOARD ARTIST (every Disney film dating back to Beauty and the Beast)
LISA FISHER, SECOND ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
LYNDA TOTH, PRODUCTION OFFICE COORDINATOR
CHRISTOPHER FOELS, LOCATIONS MANAGER
PERRY SAGLIOCCO, ASSOCIATE PRODUCER
ED MARX, EDITOR (27 feature films, Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2)
RANDOLPH M. HIRSCH, PRODUCER / SCREENWRITER
SEAN ASTIN, DIRECTOR / TBA? -- AND STARRING AS THE LEAD ROLE OF MITCH

A character-driven emotional family drama and modern day romantic love story
set in Los Angeles.

THE FILM'S STORY LINE: Small business owner Mitch Hammond finds his life unraveling when his wife LIZA leaves him, his business goes on the skids, and he becomes heavily involved in alcohol and cocaine. However, salvation awaits Mitch when he meets the beautiful young JENNIFER LEWIS. Theirs is a match made in heaven. But before they can get to paradise, they both have to leave their bad relationships and preconceptions behind and give each other a chance... No matter how bad off someone's life may seem, you can turn things around, make it go right, and find love and happiness too. MITCH HAMMOND overcomes a bitter divorce, a violent alcohol and drug problem -- and finds true happiness and a child's love, as he starts on his quest for peace, and a drug and alcohol free life together with his new family.

FEATURE MOTION PICTURE

PRE-PRODUCTION BEGINS IN JULY, 2004

PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY STARTS IN OCTOBER, 2004 (FOUR WEEK SHOOTING SCHEDULE)

ONCE IN A LIFETIME PRODUCTIONS

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

FIRST IMPRESSION ENTERTAINMENT

PRESENTS

ONCE IN A LIFETIME: "JUST GO FOR IT!"

Executive Producers: Robert J. Locke, Jon Pirincci and Randy M. Hirsch
Producers: Robert J. Locke and Randy M. Hirsch
Screenwriter: Randolph M. Hirsch

Director: Sean Astin / To Be Announced
Casting Directors: Ricki G. Maslar / Annie Boedeker
Casting Assistant: Tim Marshall
Start Date: OCTOBER, 2004

DOMESTIC AND FOREIGN THEATRICAL (TENTATIVE) RELEASE DATE: JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2005

ADDITIONAL ACTRESSES WE'RE CONSIDERING FOR LEADING FEMALE ROLES:

SARAH POLLEY
KELLY LYNCH
DENISE RICHARDS
TARA REID
PATRICIA ARQUETTE
AMANDA PEET
ELIZA DUSKU
AMY ACKER
JORDAN LADD

Last edited by a moderator: