Can't access member list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
When I click on the member list in the blue bar at the top of the forum I get a message saying "sorry, no matches". How do we access the member list these days?

(And as an aside, I haven't been able to get anything back on searches recently (since the format was changed). It wants too many search terms.)

Thanks! Puma

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
It's disabled. Someone was running a script cracking passwords using the member list. Had they been more creative they could have randomized the sequence and not been so obvious. Script Kiddies. :rolleyes:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
It's disabled. Someone was running a script cracking passwords using the member list. Had they been more creative they could have randomized the sequence and not been so obvious. Script Kiddies. :rolleyes:

That's what the mods told us. The fact is, they don't want us to be able to contact each other. They are afraid we might organize and demand better working conditions, improved health care and more money.

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
I can't get search to work today for some reason...

It's working, you just can't open Search within a thread apparently...

Last edited:

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Rumple Tumbler - It was just a curiosity. I'm pretty sure I saw a Puma with claws in some variation member name and just wanted to take a look at the profile. Nothing important. Puma

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Rumple Tumbler - It was just a curiosity. I'm pretty sure I saw a Puma with claws in some variation member name and just wanted to take a look at the profile. Nothing important. Puma

If you'll go to "Search" and then drop down to "Advanced Search" you can search on user name. If you type pum then all members with a user name starting with pum with show up in a drop down. Try different variations of this and see what you can find.

Deleted member 42

You can search for Threads, or for Posts; if you want specific Posts, click the radio button, on either the regular Search or Advanced Search, next to posts. Threads will show you any threads with a post containing whatever you searched on, and you then have to read through the entire thread looking . . . it may be more efficient to search for Posts, if you're not looking for entire threads.

Arkie

a reader's ear and a writer's heart
Registered
Reaction score
I am not sure anyone will be able to read this since my computer hasn't advanced AW message board posts since 10-5-07. I'm beginning to wonder if there is not a worm in here somewhere. My computer works fine otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.