• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

LCP Media (Laray Carr) / Niche Age Media (Quinn Rhodes)

BarbJ

Registered
Reaction score
I've just finished reading the whole thing. Amazing, simply amazing. And, in a weird, disturbing way, fascinating. Keep us updated, please.

I feel sorry for all those shafted but please check things out carefully before counting unhatched chickens. It was a very short time period to launch 30+ magazines when they had no ads or articles and were seeking writers, any writers, qualified or not. (I don't intend this as an insult to the writers; I haven't read your articles.) If it sounds wholly unrealistic, it is.

As for Hope, I'm in two minds about her. She says she was also shafted, but she volunteered to continue to be so (she says) and blames the failures on RUMORS. Shades of PA.

Very fascinating, a train wreck in action.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
A train wreck is right. Especially since I suspect that some of the people posting on my blog are sockpuppets.

It now appears that Laray Carr may be changing its name to MNT Management, to avoid the bad press--but since it hasn't changed its business plan, its magazine covers, or its really really bad prose, the new name is not too effective a disguise.

- Victoria

PrincessDK

Laray Carr Publications

Does anyone else know what's going on with this company? Has anyone else had problems?

I still have not received payment for my articles that I wrote for them. Today I sent them another email and this is what I got:

This email address is no longer used or checked. I am no longer associated with LCP in any way.

Please direct all inquiries regarding LCP to Roger Owens at [email protected] as he is the sole contact with that company. LCP has not paid any of it's contracted staff, including me, and has refused payment of all articles that were gathered to be published based on "contractual" issues. I am sorry about this but have no control in the matter.
Thank you.
~hope

So I contacted the other email address, and this is the automatic response I got:

Hello,
This is an automated reply to your message due to the large volume of emails received daily. If your emailing about doing business with Laray Carr or writing for the company we are currently not taking any new writers at the moment as our policies and procedures are under review. If you are inquiring about any other matters with the company your message will be reviewed. All messages that need priority will be replied to in a timely manner. Thank you for contacting the Laray Carr Company.
Sincerely,
Business Services Representative
Laray Carr Company

Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on? I figure I can pretty much kiss that money good-bye.

~DK

Rowdymama

Dogzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I would say you are right - you have been scammed. However, there are things you can do about it. You can report them to the Fair Trade Commission, their local Better Business Bureau, or Chamber of Commerce, and if you know their address (try whois), you can contact the local police and file a fraud complaint against them. You can also file a complaint on them at ripoffreport.com. I would write them back and tell them you are going to do all this.

It worked for me.

Good luck.

writergirl08

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.StephanieDube.com
Yep. I'm one of the people who encountered it this time around, unfortunately. If any of you have dealt with him or his scam in any way (either this time or in 2007) can you send me a PM on here? I'm trying to pull together some more information about all this.