Anyone have feedback about "Necronomicom," by Lovecraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Like or loathe, Lovecraft is one of the horror masters. He makes a lot of writing "mistakes", so he'd never get published today (sad but most likely true). However, there is no one better at getting the ol' dread going than the late H.P.

For what I still think is his most accessible short story, try "Pickman's Model". No need to have read any other Lovecraft to get it and it's a good example, both of his style and how to scare someone without actually showing anything horrible happening "on screen".

dantem42

Registered
Reaction score
Though I found most of his stuff kind of silly (and this was in the eighth grade), Charles Dexter Ward has a couple of amazing creepoid moments that are probably worth the price of admission.

I believe that in the movie Hellboy, the huge tentacled creature Hellboy tangles with at the end is a baldfaced steal off the Lovecraft Cthulhu monsters.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Sam Raimi in his Evil Dead series of movies, the kids find the Necronomicon and read from it, releasing the demon. In fact, I believe the deluxe DVD set is packaged in a copy of the Necronomicon.

51QFGJGY36L._SS500_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.