Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: INDEX TO AGENTS, PUBLISHERS, AND OTHERS

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    Bit of spam, eh?

~brianm~
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    *zzzzzaaaap!!!* Ain't no more.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Great thread, I am new here, glad that I find this awesome community!

Verily after hardship there is ease saboor's Avatar
    WOW CAO!

<PSA> The AW crash today took out a week's worth of posts and threads (back through 7/6). I'll sniff through cache for discussions and stuff, but I'm leaving the reposting of response times and such to y'all. </PSA>
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Fair warning, y'all: I'll be going through Publishers in the next week or so to mark those that've died unnoticed since the last cull, and catch up on labeling which take short stories, etc. Now's the time to order in dust masks and tarpaulins, as well as offer any suggestions re: how I might make the Index more usable/useful to you.
    ICAO
    ---------

'Tis done. Currently 1500+ publishers/pub services with 433 dead/inactive. (And, for the sake of continuity, we're up to 1075+ agents; 278 inactive.)
    ICAO
    ---------

*sends several martinis and a masseur to Cao's place*

You're amazing. I'd be lost without this index.

Did you break the record? That was FAST!!!!
    Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters.

Heh, sure seemed longer than last round. I do know it'd take half the time if I could keep from re-reading all teh drama, 'specially in dead threads.
    ICAO
    ---------

Thanks so much! Great info for a newbie

Just a note that I've gone through the Other listings, and this time around broke out Display Sites and Submission Services into separate categories. Enjoy.
    ICAO
    ---------

Thank you, O Unsung Hero.

Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at iCraft

Yes, thank you. Keeping the index updated is such a big help. Kudos to you.

practical experience, FTW Fabor's Avatar
    Washington state of the United States, Earth, in the Sol solar system, Milky Way galaxy
    Thanks for all of your hard Cao.
    Preparing to epublish: Howard and The Crystal of Jehd.

Oh, look, it's that time of year again. It'll be Agents this round, and the suggestion box is open. (Right and Proper Alphabetization is already on the agenda. )
    ICAO
    ---------

M'kay, that took entirely too long, but 'tis done. Count stands at 1,110+ with 374 inactive (not counting the handful I sloughed off to writers' services, etc. to reflect change of business(es)). Pub count currently 1,770+, 450 inactive.
    ICAO
    ---------

The holidays are looming, which means thoughts turn to updatin'. Publishers this time, which is always an adventure in nostalgia.
    ICAO
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    The holidays are looming, which means thoughts turn to updatin'. Publishers this time, which is always an adventure in nostalgia.
    I always enjoy reading the updating progress--not sure if that's the side of me that likes to see the successes, or the bloodthirsty side . Thanks for doing it!
    Last edited by DreamWeaver; 11-02-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters.

Alrighty, that does it for this round. We currently list 1950+ publishers, 687 of which are dead/inactive. (Agents: 1140+/377)

If you believe I've mislabeled (or missed labeling) something as primarily online/ebook, accepting short works, or (in)active, drop me a line.

Y'all have a Happy New Year!
    ICAO
    ---------

We are many - and get along fine! lilmerlin's Avatar
    WOW! Feeling a touch overwhelmed now - but thank you. One day this might come handy!

Most welcome!

While I'm here, a belated note that I went through the Other stuff last month.
    ICAO
    ---------

TWENTY-TWO A DAY auntypsychotic's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    How do you use the Index (i.e. scroll or search)? Would you prefer to have stuff like on-line markets and film agencies separated from the rest? Any other suggestions?
    Not sure how anyone else feels and I've not been here long but I scroll through it, checking each listing against the threads about it.

Having them categorized such as e-books vs. print vs. film would be helpful. Those who have favorable comments I put into folders that are broken down that way.

Quote Originally Posted by auntypsychotic View Post
    Having them categorized such as e-books vs. print vs. film would be helpful.
    Hence the symbols and colors. The legend is at the top of the first post of each category.
    ICAO
    ---------

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast