• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Adams Media Corp. / Crimson Romance

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
I've been published in their anthologies in the past. Payment was prompt - after publication which took about a year after acceptance.

I have been pubbed in several of their collections--and received my author copies very quickly and the payment a bit later, but still prompt enough that I would work with them again.

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Accepted for one Cup of Comfort anthology (see my sig line) and rejected for another. Received payment promptly; also received a modest payment for doing a signing.

Was nice to see the books shelved at the nearest B&N and Books-a-Million shortly after the release date.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone sent them a book proposal? Or does anyone know anything about their advances or print runs? Thanks.

YukonMike

Look! That's my book!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fwfr.com
Adams Media

Hi everyone.

Just want to know if anyone has dealt with Adams Media before?

Aside from their main website (http://www.adamsmedia.com/) and an old AW thread from two years ago, I'm not turning up much info. I know it's a legit company, just want to know what they are like to work with and are they good at marketing and have produced books with good sales.

Feel free to send me a personal message if you don't want to say anything nasty in public. Thanks.

Last edited:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I've been in one of their anthologies. They're legit. Pay is on time. They produce nice books. If you're thinking of submitting to one of their anthologies, payment is a set rate. No royalties. (I've been in three anthologies by different presses and that's the way it usually works.)

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
Me too. My anthology with Adams, "Christmas Traditions" is out next week. I got paid several months ago and the book is very professional. I'm proud to be in it. Good stories in there too.

Carlene

Call Sign: Love
The Colors of Death
An Extra Pair of Eyes - coming soon!
www.writewordsinc.com

Stormy Love
The Worst Evil
www.whiskeycreekpress.com

Axler

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.markellisink.com
My wife and I have had three books published by them over the last year and a half--

51bnNiM1RTL._SL110_.jpg
51bV9hbnBdL._SL110_.jpg
51l40EhrAiL._SL110_.jpg

The experiences have been good. They're a very legit publisher and I recommend them.

Triciawho

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.triciamangan.com
I now have the name of an Editorial Assistant (not sure to whom) and the Director of Acquisitions and Innovation, but that's the closest I've come. If you had to address your submission to one of them, which would you choose? Or, neither??

Also, just to double-check, am I right in trying to direct my submission to someone's attention rather than sending to "book proposals" as it indicates on their website?

Sorry if this is a newbtastic question. This is my first book - I'm not yet a veteran querier ;-)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
It's best to address subs as requested; whoever opens the mail will route it to the proper editor.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com

K. Victoria Chase

Registered
Reaction score
Website
torilounge.blogspot.com
YAY!!! They're fast on requests. Mine came the day after query. Then I think it was 4-5 weeks to read the full (and offer). Good luck!

Thanks, Erin! Fingers crossed. ;-)

I read that they will offer their books in print as well. Are you able to share if that's automatic, or fo you have to sell a certain number of ebooks?

How soon will we see your book?

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Thanks, Erin! Fingers crossed. ;-)

I read that they will offer their books in print as well. Are you able to share if that's automatic, or fo you have to sell a certain number of ebooks?

How soon will we see your book?

Yes, they plan to offer all books in POD within a few weeks after digital release.

My book is scheduled for release on August 13 (just over 3 months after contracting it).