• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Swetky Agency (Faye Swetky)

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
I recently received another report of an editing referral by Swetky to Herda (whose relationship to her--whether as a boyfriend or a client--she did not reveal; she described him only as "a professional editor/ghostwriter/mentor at AmSAW who owed me a favor"). The writer paid five figures. Once the editing was finished, the writer's ms. was accepted by Swetky for representation, but later referred to Herda again for more editing.

And last August, I heard from a publisher who got a submission from Swetky which boasted that the ms. had been "professionally doctored by one of the most experienced authors working today."

My guess is not just that these editing referrals happen on a regular basis, but that they represent the main (if not the only) income generated by The Swetky Agency.

- Victoria

Luvspaghetti

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. I was going off what some other people said that they had never been asked for money but I'm not surprised that they're running this racket because that's what it is. Wow.

Like I said before, she may have started out with good intentions but the history shows when she met her husband Herda, it all goes downhill from there. If she got sick, there's bills and they're also getting older and said #*%+^ it!! Let's make money any way we can!!!

It's too bad for the unsuspecting writer, it really is. And it's a shame that they praise and rep each other. What awards has this guy one??? And experienced and respected by who?? By the two people who got their tomato plants to bloom from his terrible garden advice in his latest literary travesty. He should be on that hall of shame segment on the news channels.

mbkwrite

Registered
Reaction score
On my, oh my. Herda and Swetky are a married couple. I live in Utah, hired Herda to do some writing. Nothing occurred; so I told him I would come to see him at his home in St George. That's when he and his wife Swetky began to sweat bullets.

If I were to stay as far away from anything on earth and, of this world it would be Herda and Swetky.

Here a spelling test: can you spell: fraud, what about Scam, that is an easy word to spell. Can you spell Married: can you spell "old fashion rip off" Yea I know that last one was an entire sentence to spell. But it was an easy sentence.

So what was my experience, I lost money.

JudasFm

(And Zlang-Zlang Squid)
Registered
Reaction score
That's terrible to hear :( Even when I was with them all that time ago (and I was 'represented' for three years) nothing was ever said to me about book doctors or editing at any time. It's sad they've gone so far downhill, but I agree 100% that they need to be stopped.