AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Is there an agent in the house? About royalties

DeePower

Is there an agent in the house? About royalties

I know there are lots of experts that read these boards. Literary agents make sure that their authors receive the correct royalties from their book sales.

Now I am asking for a friend, really. I have no question about the royalties due on my nonfiction books. NO doubt that they are correct.

If an author feels that the royalty statement is not correct, what questions should they ask their publisher? What documenation should they ask to be copied and sent to them for verification.

What are the steps agents go through when verifying that the royalty statement is correct?

Dee
    www.BrianHillAndDeePower.com

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

Questions about royalties

These are good questions, IMO. Calling all gurus!
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: