My first partial

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, I promised myself I wouldn't look at those fifty pages after I printed them off and sent them to NY... well, I did and found a few things that need editing. There weren't many and they weren't huge mistakes but they're there.

I've gone over this m/s a million times and it's still not right....:cry: Now, I worried.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't sweat it. If an agent says: Damn, I love this story, the plot and characters are fresh and new and engaging, but there's two typos here. Guess I'll have to shove it in the dumpster. That's just too bad.

Screw 'em. (that is to say, they're not gonna, so chill :) )

After obsessing for days, then finally hitting SEND - I refuse to glance at it again, in case I, too, find a booboo. It's not worth the acid reflux.

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried a NY agency and got a request for a partial an hour later!

I'm trying not to get too excited...but I am...:D

CONGRATS! < big text is fun. :D I hope you get a request for a full soon, and then an offer of representation!

Damn, I promised myself I wouldn't look at those fifty pages after I printed them off and sent them to NY... well, I did and found a few things that need editing. There weren't many and they weren't huge mistakes but they're there.

I've gone over this m/s a million times and it's still not right.... Now, I worried.

Hehe, I just made myself the same promise - I sent off my first request an hour ago. Anyway, I don't think it'll harm your chances. If they love the story and the characters, as MidnightMuse said, they aren't going to throw your manuscript out because of a couple mistakes. *pats on back*

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score

I've gone over this m/s a million times and it's still not right....:cry: Now, I worried.

Nothing to worry about. I did this myself -- again and again and again and again -- and everything worked out okay. We're the harshest critics of our work sometimes.

Congrats and best of luck to you.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on getting such interest so fast...terrific news. I'm with everyone else--keep those updates coming!

Carrie R.

Procrastinating, clearly
Registered
Reaction score

I second what everyone else said about this -- don't worry. If the agent loves the story, they'll look past this. Trust me -- I sent a query that had a big mistake in it and that guy ended up asking to represent me.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just spotted this thread, Saundra, and I'm genuinely delighted for you. Fingers and toes crossed.:snoopy:

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Bufty, and Brenda!

And thank you, Carrie, that makes me feel better...