Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
I am very sorry for the stupid question, but can't seem to find an answer anywhere. How can I delete a thread I've started? It has no replies.
Many thanks,
Rose

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No sweetie, you can not--Just let it run its course. Its fine. :)

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I can not find your thread that has no replies...Can you point me that way--I'll have a peek. :)

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rose, if you want a thread deleted, you can PM one of the mods who works in that forum. (I took care of it for you, BTW.)

Please don't let lack of response keep you from posting. Sometimes people can be a bit slow in critting. You aren't alone in having that happen.

BTW, glad you're taking the challenge! (Now if only I can persuade people to take the Memoir Monday challenge--people have the whole week to write and post.)

:)

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rose, if you want a thread deleted, you can PM one of the mods who works in that forum. (I took care of it for you, BTW.)

Please don't let lack of response keep you from posting. Sometimes people can be a bit slow in critting. You aren't alone in having that happen.

BTW, glad you're taking the challenge! (Now if only I can persuade people to take the Memoir Monday challenge--people have the whole week to write and post.)

:) Thank you--hmm, now that I know this. ;)

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
Schwebb, thanks a lot for your response and for deleting my thread!

Thanks, I understand. It is hard for me. My stuff is pretty dark, and I am very self-conscious about showing it, so when I didn't get any responses I thought the best thing would be to delete it.

I will try to post something light-hearted next time :)

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, I understand. It is hard for me. My stuff is pretty dark, and I am very self-conscious about showing it, so when I didn't get any responses I thought the best thing would be to delete it.

Post what you want to post. If no one replies in a week or two, bump it up and give it more time. I know we all expect instant gratification but sometimes it takes a while for things to come around. ;)

wee

just a little
Registered
Reaction score

I wish you hadn't deleted it. If you had mentioned it on one of the boards I frequent, as something needing a crit, I would have gone over to visit. Though I don't read darker stuff anymore, I used to & like to crit things that aren't getting much attention.

When I posted something it took a little while to get crits. I haven't seen anything go without any crits at all. This is a very busy time of year for most people -- if you aren't somehow associated through academia with your kids or your own degree or job, then you may be working for a business that is bringing its fiscal year to a close.

I hope you'll post again, and keep it bumped every week or two, and post elsewhere if it isn't getting noticed. I only look in historical for crits but would look elsewhere gladly if someone wanted a crit.

wee

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
Thanks Wendy, DocBrown and Wee :)

After much thinking, I have posted something else on the AW Crit. forum... It is not nearly as dark as the other one (maybe not at all dark?), but needs much more work IMHO. You're welcome to give it a read if you want... :)

Thanks again for your encouragement!

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77655

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have time now to give it the attention it deserves, but I promise to read it over tomorrow.

gothceltgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I feel so silly. I wanted this answer as well. It turns out I introduced myself... again. I couldn't find my previous post. Then figured out how, but not before I started a new thread introducing myself all over again. I wanted to remove it. Since it's redundant.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I feel so silly. I wanted this answer as well. It turns out I introduced myself... again. I couldn't find my previous post. Then figured out how, but not before I started a new thread introducing myself all over again. I wanted to remove it. Since it's redundant.

You can edit your post in the thread, but really, I wouldn't worry. It's a good thread!

And people do that all the time.

I can merge the threads for you.

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Wait what? Memoir Monday challenge?? Where?? Dark is not bad Gray Rose, it takes time for some people to digest things in the various forums and come up with a critique. Don't feel discouraged. :D *goes to search the board for Memoir Monday challenge*

Status
Not open for further replies.