Status
Not open for further replies.

SHBueche

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ShelleyBueche.com
HURRAH! Just read a review of his new book, "Look Me in the Eye," an account of his growing up with Asperger's Syndrome. John is an AW forum member and his brother happens to be Augusten Burrough's of "Running With Scissors." A positive review in People magazine is an excellent way to start. Think I'll go and order the book right now ...

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
People Magazine!

HURRAH! Just read a review of his new book, "Look Me in the Eye," an account of his growing up with Asperger's Syndrome. John is an AW forum member and his brother happens to be Augusten Burrough's of "Running With Scissors." A positive review in People magazine is an excellent way to start. Think I'll go and order the book right now ...

That's great! People is big-time! I like to buy new books in the stores but perhaps I should pre-order this one in case the stores sell out!

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
A friend of mine has a ten-year-old son with Aspergers. I'd be tempted to buy it for him, but heck, he's a manager at a Borders. But I'm definitely TELLING him about it.

Very nice! People Magazine. We all should be so lucky.

allen

Sunnyside

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brianjayjones.com
I'll be picking it up toot sweet, too, as they say. I've followed John through his brother's work, and I've been pleased to gab with him here on this board as well.

Congrats, John! Can't wait to pick it up!

hopeful

Registered
Reaction score
How exciting!!

Congrats, John!

-hopeful

johnrobison

A Free Range Aspergian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnrobison.com
As a result of the articles in People, Elle, and The Times in London, Look Me in the Eye has shot onto the bestseller lists on Amazon and B&N.com.

Along with that, several more things have happened . . .

Amazon increased the discount on my book to 40% as soon as it was classed as a bestseller, and that fueled more sales.

They also linked my blog to my Amazon page, and then they distributed my blog to anyone who bought my book and signed up for news from the author.

Finally, they added a video of my brother and me talking about the book. Go to my page on Amazon and you'll see it.

Things ar ecertainly moving fast, with six days to go till the book is on sale.

kimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scholarshipstreet.com
Congratulations - I'm under a deadline and haven't been hanging out here much but was thrilled to see your news.

Cheers,
kimmer

johnrobison

A Free Range Aspergian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnrobison.com
Yes, it's official on sale date is Tuesday, but the book was shipped to retailers Friday and some received and put it out this weekend. That's OK, because all the sales will be reported in this upcoming week.

I'll look forward to hearing from more folks as it pops up.

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
You have so much to be proud of - I'm all kinds of happy for you.

P.S. - Is it my imagination, or did I just see your book has advertising space on Perez Hilton?

Sunnyside

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brianjayjones.com
By the way, John, I meant to tell you: The youtube video of you and your brother--interviewing you on the lawn rake--is pretty darn entertaining. You guys are quite the pair (I've got a younger brother, too, and we talk at each other in pretty much the same way...)

wee

just a little
Registered
Reaction score
Yep -- have had this one backorder for nearly a month now at Amazon. Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it & read it.

And you can tell your brother -- I never paid much attention to Running with Scissors, the book or the movie, but now that I know he is your brother, I might go read the book. :D See, you can tell him that you're helping to sell his book, not the other way 'round.

(sibling rivalry never dies)

wee

Status
Not open for further replies.