• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Draumr Publishing

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in no mood to speculate, but it will stop now.

Closing for the weekend.

Stephen B. Pearl

Registered
Reaction score
Draumr Writer

Hi all,

I’m an author who is published by Draumr. Stephen B. Pearl with the novel Tinker’s Plague, a post-apocalyptic, science fiction, action adventure. My female lead is slender and classically pretty, the book is defiantly SF, and overall I’m very happy with how I’ve been treated. By the by, no one put me up to this. I saw the discussion and thought I’d give my first had experience.

Publishers reject books for all kinds of reasons. Often I think it can be a frivolous as, “I’m having a bad day, so I’m going to clear my desk and knock off early.” Tinker’s Plague was rejected by a load of publishers before I found Draumr. The trick is not to take it as sour grapes and just keep plugging.

Rida and Robert have been consistently decent with me and very prompt in getting me copies to sell at cons and the like. It did take them a while to get me into the Chapters, Indigo, Coles chain of stores, but they managed it. The contract is fairly standard, and yes I have read about a half dozen sample contracts from various publishers. The Draumr contract is about on par with my two other publishers, Club Lighthouse Publishing and Dark Dragon Publishing. No great leaps ahead or back from either of these.

I will say this. If people are so concerned, I’m surprised I haven’t received any e-mails asking about my experience with them. I’m not hard to find.
So that’s my first hand experience.

Stephen B. Pearl.

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
Publishers reject books for all kinds of reasons.

(BTW, the past couple of pages where one person was complaining about his rejection letter -- while others were saying, it's just a rejection, move on -- were from two years ago. And the profile of the person complaining indicates that he hasn't logged onto AW in a year and a half.)

The rest of the thread is from even farther back.:cool:

Regardless, I'm glad your experiences have been positive. :)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Per homepage:
Thank you for your patronage over the ten years we were in business. Unfortunately, we have decided to close our virtual doors as of September 12, 2013.