1st Page Google Results

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
I've been noticing that I've been getting quite a few hits on Creatif on the search term "idea pocket."

Now, I don't know if you guys know this or not, but I've come up with an exercise as an introduction to creativity I'm calling the Idea Pocket. It's loosely based on Art-o-Vision that I found on the Creativity Portal.

So in noticing these search words popping up as referrals over the past couple weeks, I decided to do my own Google search on "idea pocket." (Search link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22idea+pocket%22)

Not only does Creatif come up on the first page, but the SECOND listing!

Coolness. :)

Susan Flemming

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanflemming.com
Congratulations! Don't you just love those little surprizes.

Your post prompted me to do a google search on the writing exercises/prompts I feature on my site that I call Story Germs. I'm not sure when it happened as I haven't done on search on that term in a while, but my site now comes up as number #1 on Google, #2 on MSN and #4 on Yahoo Search.

Susan Flemming

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanflemming.com
Wow, Susan! That is pretty danged impressive! And I was just pleased with my little ol' post being there. lol

Not so impressive. My site's been up and running for almost two years now. Your post about the idea pocket is dated August 6, 2007... so to have a #2 on the first page already is pretty impressive from where I'm sitting. BTW... when I googled "idea pocket" your site actually came up as #1. Congratulations all over again. :D

Last edited:

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
And Again!

Back in June, I posted an entry about gender issues in reading regarding a poem I had entered into a contest and how the (male) judge responded to it. (This post.)

Well....

On my Wordpress dashboard, I noticed the search string "reading and gender issues" and "gender issues+reading." I re-googled both of them and Creatif came up on the first page of results again. The 4th result on the page.

Dang. I've got to pay more attention to this. :)

Georganna Hancock

she's back!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writers-edge.info
On the other hand, the referral that appears most often (and for many months) to my blog is "Post Secret". This began probably right after I posted the first time about that addictive website. Worse yet, it's people searching for images! What's with that?

I wondered if it were the Post Secret people spidering for images from their website (they have a strict policy about it), but--several times a day?