• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Simenauer & Green Literary Agency (formerly Simenauer & Frank Lit. Agency)

emjay

I received some interest in my novel from the Jacqueline Simenauer agency. Fran Pardi is the name of the agent. Anyone with any experience with this agency or agent?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
P&E lists Fran as having verified sales. Considering the dearth of public info, though, I'd ask her for a list of clients/recent sales.

Tierartz

Simenauer Greene Literary Agency

Does anyone have any experience with this agancy? Carole Greene in particular, as she is looking at a manuscript of mine. Thanks.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not finding any agency of that name beyond a listing in a Naples directory. Where did you see/hear of it? On the other hand, an agent named Carole Greene is mentioned as attending a conference also attended by Jacqueline Simenauer, so she may be working with her.

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Carole Greene taking a break

(Not sure if this is the right spot for this, so mods feel free to move it)

Carole Greene, of Simenauer & Greene Literary Agency, is taking a break from acquiring new clients. I've started what I'd like to think is a friendship with her, and I wish her all the best and a speedy return. She's still working with her existing clients.

krisecalvin

Registered
Reaction score
Honest, prompt rejection from Green

I received an honest and prompt rejection via email from Carol Green within a week of my query. As a first time fiction writer , I appreciated that she did not pull punches and shared that she felt my manuscript needs considerable work, but did so it in a respectful and constructive way. I would encourage anyone who has something polished to take the time and query her.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
If LinkedIn is to be believed, Ms. Greene left last month to edit for Barringer Publishing, and the agency is now Simenauer & Frank.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
So, Carole Greene returned as Carol H. Green? Regardless, agency is now Simenauer & Green (no "e"). Not finding what happened to Chris Frank, who was making "good" deals through '14.