The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Simenauer & Green Literary Agency (formerly Simenauer & Frank Lit. Agency)

emjay

Simenauer & Green Literary Agency (formerly Simenauer & Frank Lit. Agency)

I received some interest in my novel from the Jacqueline Simenauer agency. Fran Pardi is the name of the agent. Anyone with any experience with this agency or agent?

What? I have a title? Julie Worth's Avatar
    An interesting article on Jacqueline Simenauer.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    P&E lists Fran as having verified sales. Considering the dearth of public info, though, I'd ask her for a list of clients/recent sales.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Tierartz

Simenauer Greene Literary Agency

Does anyone have any experience with this agancy? Carole Greene in particular, as she is looking at a manuscript of mine. Thanks.

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon Saskatoonistan's Avatar
    P&E has this listing:

Russell-Simenauer Agency: Not recommended. A literary agency.
    Note sure if it's the same guys, but that's from Preditors and Editors. I mean, Simenauer ain't exactly Smith, right?
    Last edited by Saskatoonistan; 02-02-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typo

My Website. Twitter.

AGENTED - AUGUST 24,2010 WOOT!!! AGENTED AGAIN February 2015! WOOT! WOOT!

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

I'm not finding any agency of that name beyond a listing in a Naples directory. Where did you see/hear of it? On the other hand, an agent named Carole Greene is mentioned as attending a conference also attended by Jacqueline Simenauer, so she may be working with her.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Tierartz
    They were listed in Jeff Herman's book.

Aha! Yes, she works with Jacqueline: http://www.jsimenauer.com/index.htm

ETA: Merging w/existing thread.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 02-16-2009 at 08:59 PM.
    ICAO
    ---------

Adding link: http://sgliterary.com/
    ICAO
    ---------

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Honest, prompt rejection from Green

I received an honest and prompt rejection via email from Carol Green within a week of my query. As a first time fiction writer , I appreciated that she did not pull punches and shared that she felt my manuscript needs considerable work, but did so it in a respectful and constructive way. I would encourage anyone who has something polished to take the time and query her.

If LinkedIn is to be believed, Ms. Greene left last month to edit for Barringer Publishing, and the agency is now Simenauer & Frank.
    ICAO
    ---------

So, Carole Greene returned as Carol H. Green? Regardless, agency is now Simenauer & Green (no "e"). Not finding what happened to Chris Frank, who was making "good" deals through '14.
    ICAO
    ---------