worst day ever

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
So the thing that was awful before was still awful.

As a favor to my director, I agreed to take a part in the underclassmen play to help them out as well as a part in the real play. Today the cast list came out and I'm only in the underclassmen play. Without any of my friends.

I can't figure out the ending to my WIP.

And when I tried to buy myself a dress to make myself feel better, I realized my wallet's gone.

I know this all sounds stupid but it's just piling on me and it's more than I can handle. It's been a week since I've heard from my publisher about my book delay, I'm doing some horrible play and all my friends are doing the fun one because I got SCREWED, and I have to start all my 60 hours of driving time over because my learner's permit's gone.

IhatethisIhatethisIhatethisIhatethis.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Hugz for Shady! I'm sorry things aren't going well. :(

BTW are you sure your wallet is gone permanently? Or did you misplace it??? I do that frequently.

Hang in there!

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea where my wallet is. :( I haven't noticed it for a month.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Oh and I'm sorry this is the second whiny thread I've started in a week.

Uh...I'm sixteen?

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Psssh. I pull that all the time. I was beta reading for Dev and I missed something REALLY obvious, and once she explained it with basically a "htf did you miss that?" I said:

"Sorry, babe. There's a reason you don't write for sixteen-year-olds."

We're just not that bright.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry you're having a crappy day. Try to keep in mind that a year from now, NONE of this will matter.

And I still don't know HTF you missed that. Being sixteen is no excuse. I was sixteen once, you know. You don't fool me.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
:)

I told myself I'd go to sleep after this one song and it somehow put itself on repeat. Sign?

Yeah, I don't know htf I missed that either. I really don't know. Too busy picking at you for comma use, probably.

(Oh, btw, if you think I'm hard on Becca, you should hear what I tell Jo about HER female protag.)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com

As a favor to my director, I agreed to take a part in the underclassmen play to help them out as well as a part in the real play. Today the cast list came out and I'm only in the underclassmen play. Without any of my friends.

And when I tried to buy myself a dress to make myself feel better, I realized my wallet's gone.

I know this all sounds stupid but it's just piling on me and it's more than I can handle. It's been a week since I've heard from my publisher about my book delay, I'm doing some horrible play and all my friends are doing the fun one because I got SCREWED, and I have to start all my 60 hours of driving time over because my learner's permit's gone.

\

Believe me when I say this: There will be far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far worse days to come. Appreciate this day for what it was, another chance to be a decent person, a good friend, and a loving family member.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope by now the bad day has gone bye-bye. Sometimes the little things can really cave us in.

And stop scratching people's eyes out, honey. Karma.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I hope things are getting better now. Your wallet probably will turn up in the next few days. It happens to my husband all the time. Big hugs to you.

glassquill

RB's favourite chewtoy
Registered
Reaction score

Sending a hug your way. :Hug2: I hope things get better soon. Take care of yourself. :)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
sorry Shady!

The best I can tell you is that dealing with things that suck now (at 16) will better prepare you for dealing with things that really suck later.

hugs to ya. I hope you find your wallet. I hope the play ends up giving you something you can use (maybe there is something in the experience that will help with a story, give you an insight into something or someone you didn't understand before - maybe something useful will come out of it? the least expected places, my dear - that's what I've learned.)
and I hope you hear from your publisher and get a move on the wip!

Hugs again!

Trish

EriRae

:P
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: :heart::heart::heart::heart:
AWWW!!! WHY, REP GODS, WHY??? SHADY HAD A BAD DAY AND I CAN'T REP HER!!!

Promise, promise to give hugs and loves thru reps once I am no longer on lockdown.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I'll rep her for you, Erin. Whenever you need someone to get a rep, just say so, and I'll rep with a note that says "on behalf of Erinmiller77.