Land Crabs Have Invaded My Garage!

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
For the past two nights I thought I would go insane with the land crabs that have taken shelter in my garage. There is a system off the coast so the crabs have started running from the beach heading my way. The other day I was mowing the grass and one got in, so I left the door up just a crack so it would leave. Later that night I almost have a heart attack when I open the kitchen door and there are like 16 of them running all around. Between my husband and me we thought we got them all out.....wrong. Later that night the dogs are going crazy and we get up and there are more crabs. Now they are scratching on my kitchen door. Last night the same thing happens. The rest of the gang that was hiding comes out and the dogs start barking again. Well to make a long story short, the dogs are at it again. There must be more crabs hiding in my garage. At this point we've removed almost 30 of them. How did so many get in so quickly? Though they were running in herds like cattle. You've got to love Florida.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
For the past two nights I thought I would go insane with the land crabs that have taken shelter in my garage. There is a system off the coast so the crabs have started running from the beach heading my way. The other day I was mowing the grass and one got in, so I left the door up just a crack so it would leave. Later that night I almost have a heart attack when I open the kitchen door and there are like 16 of them running all around. Between my husband and me we thought we got them all out.....wrong. Later that night the dogs are going crazy and we get up and there are more crabs. Now they are scratching on my kitchen door. Last night the same thing happens. The rest of the gang that was hiding comes out and the dogs start barking again. Well to make a long story short, the dogs are at it again. There must be more crabs hiding in my garage. At this point we've removed almost 30 of them. How did so many get in so quickly? Though they were running in herds like cattle. You've got to love Florida.

Wow, Joyce. That's about the worst case of crabs I've ever heard of.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Holy hell! That's wild. I have bears in my back yard. I've never seen one yet. I can't see a bear.

I'd better not hear one scratching at my kitchen door either!

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Holy hell! That's wild. I have bears in my back yard. I've never seen one yet. I can't see a bear.

I'd better not hear one scratching at my kitchen door either!

Or pray to God the bear is not a rather large crab or even a lobster right?

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Tell me about it! These ones have just one huge claw they wave in the air at you and they stink soooooooooo bad.

Hey watch out who you are insultipating that might be me uncle George

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Tell me about it! These ones have just one huge claw they wave in the air at you and they stink soooooooooo bad.

You don't have a cat in the house that hasn't showered, do you?

davids

Banned
Reaction score
You sound like Tigger, davids.

Well Perks lovely lady do not forget what they so often do say: The wonderful thing about Tiggers is I'm the only one! Tigger Q. Lobster person at your service.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
You don't have a cat in the house that hasn't showered, do you?

If I had a cat I'd be afraid to let it loose in the garage, the crabs would probably gang up on it and kill it. It's almost like an episode of the Twilight Zone is filming in my garage. Now I've been given an idea.......to shut the dogs up I could let them in the garage. The crabs would probably silence them for good.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Film at 11.

Seriously. Save it. Get out the cam corder. Maybe horror isn't your genre - but that has the makings of a good story. (After they've gone ... )

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Film at 11.

Seriously. Save it. Get out the cam corder. Maybe horror isn't your genre - but that has the makings of a good story. (After they've gone ... )

Unless they...never leave.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
There was a story on CNN recently about some island (in the Caribbean?) that is overrun with crabs every year. They showed footage of the street literally alive with crabs, it was freaky!

I would google it but I'm afraid what might pop up.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
And so the prostitute says: "What did you expect for $5? Lobster?"

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Take pictures.

As my drill instructor said as he saw another platoon run past ours, matresses held overhead in shame, "Look gentlemen, Seafood!"

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I want to see pictures! Once they're gone, it will be a great story. How are you getting them out?

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
If I had a cat I'd be afraid to let it loose in the garage, the crabs would probably gang up on it and kill it. It's almost like an episode of the Twilight Zone is filming in my garage. Now I've been given an idea.......to shut the dogs up I could let them in the garage. The crabs would probably silence them for good.
I'll bring butter and lemons. Get a nice big vat for boiling and call it a block party.
:partyguy:

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
Whenever there is something I don't want to deal with in a part of my house that has a door I just shut the door and pretend its not there. Like that rat that one time.

In anycase, I really need to see a picture of this. It just sounds so National Geographic. Like when the crabs cover Easter Island.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is just creepy! *shudders* I'll keep my fighting (and mating, and patio furniture-chewing) raccoon problem, thank you.

*shudder*

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:rolleyes:birds. just birds.

{wow - i wasn't the only weirdo}

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Are they edible?

I mean, I have eaten snails and crawdads...

Garlic & lemon renders nearly anything edible. I said "nearly", you perverts!