The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Chasin Agency (Tom Chasin)

nangf

The Chasin Agency (Tom Chasin)

Just wondering if anyone worked with Chasin and how it was. THanks.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

The Chasin Agency

Looks to be a big-name talent agency.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    I'm not finding any website, but Tom Chasin reps the actors while Scott Penney herds the writers (in case anyone needs to search for sales/credits).
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Chasin Agency

I am familiar with the office. The agency is very small and not the powerhouse you would think it is. Tom Chasin's father was part of the Chasin-Park Dynasty and he certainly learned a few things there. If Tom takes you on, he will try to get work for you -- he does an ok job and knows a lot of people. Scott knows a lot of people as well, but just takes on far toooooooooo many clients because he is such a nice guy and has a hard time saying "no" -- his heart is in the right place. A lot of his clients get lost in the shuffle. If you are stuck with Scott, chances are that you are probably screwed simply because of his workload - and don't let Tom pawn you off, which he will do. It is a great place to get a start, but keep looking for a home --- just my opinion. If you are with Scott and want to butter him up or have a valid excuse for randomly dropping in, bring in some Baskin Robbins Pralines and Cream -- he cannot resist it as it is his favorite (I am not kidding). Good Luck.

Whatever I did, I didn't do it. Phaeal's Avatar
    MMMM, Pralines and Cream. At least he has good taste.
    SUMM0NED (T0R, available NOW!) Real magic becomes real trouble when Sean summons the wrong familiar.

And so it goes.

Follow me on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AnneMPillsworth

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon Saskatoonistan's Avatar
    Dumb question, but what's a praline? Sounds like the name of an ex girlfriend...

My Website. Twitter.

AGENTED - AUGUST 24,2010 WOOT!!! AGENTED AGAIN February 2015! WOOT! WOOT!

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

practical experience, FTW jsouders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskatoonistan View Post
    Dumb question, but what's a praline? Sounds like the name of an ex girlfriend...
    a smooth, sweet substance made by boiling nuts in sugar and grinding the mixture it's a type of candy.