dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I usually PM and or notify a mod. Or quietly seethe. OR post a public rebuttal. I don't want to do something I might regret later. For instance, it turns out I like Dclary. :D

There's an ointment for that.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I have gotten POSITIVE rep points with the following text:

"What a little bitch thing to say"
"Thats Ms whore to you!"
"Nice incindiary starter ..."
"Shit stirrer."
"She is only sixteen lighten up-WTF"
"that was uncalled for - the right response would have been to pick out the logical flaws, not slam spooky and accuse BoP of being drunk."

I've only gotten 3 neg reps, which is really quite amazing, considering how many people I piss off on a regular basis.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
You're all making me feel bad. I've been given three Neg reps - and I haven't been here long. Maybe I should start using more smiley faces in my posts.

JJ

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Since my comment in the "positive" rep thread earned me a dozen undeserved rep points, I guess I can get a dozen bad rep points here for this question:

When you get a negative rep point, does that take one point away from your total?

That is, we all start with 10 rep points, you then get 5 positive and 2 negative rep points. Is your total now 13? (10+5-2)

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I've noticed that Mac gives pos reps, even when she is pissed and chewing your ass.

And believe me, I know...

:)

Deleted member 42

Even if you're annoyed, or upset, give a positive rep point.

And that said, it's still not cool to comment along the lines of "you suck."

Yeah, Skelly, I do that positive rep thing too. MacCannister knows some stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I think I've given 3 negative rep points in my time here. I remember giving a couple but I can't remember to who or for what...but I just gave one this past week. Normally, I'll give a positive rep with a negative comment. In this case, I was so angry I had to make it known that was not acceptable but not quite bad enough to report the post.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
I had a difference of opinion with a member here...via rep points...man, did we argue, but good! But it was all through POSITIVE points, no negatives...hehehe...looking back, yeah, we were majorly flouncing.
We've kissed & made up since...and are closer for it...but had it been through negative points...oh, you can bet your shiny penny, Mac would have had no choice but to ban me.
Honestly? Major strong personalities here, yet sofar, no one's really interested in slamming anyone....or am I just well liked?

*ducks from pies....*

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
We could just direct him to the Fantasy/Sci Fi threads. He'd feel more at home there, I'm sure. :)
Actually, we did have one flouncer. Argued every bloody point we were making--personally, I think just for the sake of arguing.
So, what did we do?
Zapped him with horrific one-liners. To this day, I think it's the hardest I've ever laughed--and the most tea my poor keyboard has had spewed all over it!
I don't think trolls will last long, here on AW. Too many of us have gotten to know one another. When someone gets ugly, it's like the covered wagons circle 'round....and nothing worse than giving a writer any excuse to express themselves.
Zeus help us all.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
LOL, inked! I thought III was being cute/funny and meant a literal troll...you know - like an ogre in a fairy tale kind of troll. That's why I joked about the Fantasy/Sci Fi thread. I didn't mean to insult anyone in those threads, really! :)

But you're right about writers and one-liners. Sometimes I just stare in amazement at my computer when you guys get going.

c.e.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Since my comment in the "positive" rep thread earned me a dozen undeserved rep points, I guess I can get a dozen bad rep points here for this question:

When you get a negative rep point, does that take one point away from your total?

That is, we all start with 10 rep points, you then get 5 positive and 2 negative rep points. Is your total now 13? (10+5-2)

Yep. Unless it's from Mac. Her Rp's are worth 10.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, inked! I thought III was being cute/funny and meant a literal troll...you know - like an ogre in a fairy tale kind of troll. That's why I joked about the Fantasy/Sci Fi thread. I didn't mean to insult anyone in those threads, really! :)

But you're right about writers and one-liners. Sometimes I just stare in amazement at my computer when you guys get going.

c.e.
I'm from California AND blonde. Need I explain further? :e2file:

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I think those of us that have been 'round for a while...uh hem...should automatically get 30 rep points....or 10 per year...or 30 per thousand posts....or...wait...I can't count compute any higher.
Numerically dislexic.

What? I suck at numbers...which is why I went into the business of words. Duh.
Okay...unless it has a dollar sign in front of it, and my husband's paying. THEN I can compute like bloody Einstein.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the Newbie's Guide to AW specifically talks about neg. rep points. I'd look it up, but I'm lazy.
:D

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
I don't think it does actually. It talks about rep comments and the rep scale etc. but I couldn't see anything about the etiquette of giving points (positive or negative). That's why I asked the question. :)

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. Unless it's from Mac. Her Rp's are worth 10.

It's a variable that's set within Vbulletin which is why you'll notice it working differently at other Vbulletin sites. Many sites increment it so that it's based on reputation of the giver....low rep=low points....high rep=high points. I've seen it in the hundreds when one person reps another. Since it is a variable controlled by the admin it's kind of worthless. If controlled by the user as above it's more fun and unpredictable.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
LOL, inked! I thought III was being cute/funny and meant a literal troll...

That was what I meant and it was both cute and funny. Thank you for noticing.

I really need to start sucking up to Mac more.

I don't think that's possible. Everyone says Kristie911 couldn't possibly suck more. Personally I think you rock, but I'm trying to get someone to negative rep me so I can see what it looks like.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a variable that's set within Vbulletin which is why you'll notice it working differently at other Vbulletin sites. Many sites increment it so that it's based on reputation of the giver....low rep=low points....high rep=high points. I've seen it in the hundreds when one person reps another. Since it is a variable controlled by the admin it's kind of worthless. If controlled by the user as above it's more fun and unpredictable.
Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.