Post count gone all wobbly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katol

Yeh, right!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone know how to get the post count working properly? I've been posting for over a week and I just know I've done more than 16!

Would appreciate any help - want to be able to do all those wild things super memebers get up to !

Cath

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Posts in Office Party don't count against your total.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Ah. You've been sucked into the post-count-free abyss known as Office Party. Neither OP nor TIO increase post counts. To do that, you have to post in the writerly threads; like novel writing, humor writing, SYW, etc.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Yup, clicking on your username then selecting "Find More Posts by Katol" reveals a slew of posts in Office Party... and not a lot of other places. Health warning: too much online socializing can be hazardous to your WIP.

-Derek

Katol

Yeh, right!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh god, how embarrassing - I've been found out! :O))

Since I'm new and therefore overawed by the sheer multitude of writers out there I haven't had the nerve to join in many of the "serious" threads for fear of getting laughed off the site! Guess I'll have to go and find a big dollop of gumption - think they may sell it at the chemist in the "fear and phobias" section.

Thanks for the info guys
Cath

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
You'll be shocked, horrified, or maybe just surprised to find out that at AW? OP is where the *serious* posters do reside.

Now go post something useful before'n we tan yer hide er sumthin, ayup.

Katol

Yeh, right!
Registered
Reaction score
Just did - two "proper posts" probably neither one of them useful but I'm learning. I think that you guys'll be reading one hell of a lot of rot from me before I earn my 50 posts, but rules are rules :O))

Cath

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Not cheating at all. ;) In fact, there used to be a post-count padding thre-- well, maybe I should keep my mouth shut, after all.

But even if it is cheating, think of the good vibes you'll be giving to the n00bs. :D

Katol

Yeh, right!
Registered
Reaction score
I know, I know. When I was a newbee I thought, "wow, what a great bunch of people all sitting around waiting for ME to join the site" I went all mushy which took a while to mop up but I couldn't help myself.

Just went over there and did one welcome post - but somehow couldn't bring myself to do more. Guess it has to come from the heart. Don't hold it against me, I'm British and I live in Germany - I don't stand a chance as far as emotion is concerned!

Maybe I learn to give on this site, hey? :O))

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Interesting... I didn't know that about the OP, but I did notice my counts didn't always go up. So that means all you people with thousands of posts actually have MILLIONS???

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Interesting... I didn't know that about the OP, but I did notice my counts didn't always go up. So that means all you people with thousands of posts actually have MILLIONS???
Fear us.

And our carpal tunnel.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Exactly.

Man, if OP and TIO still racked 'em up, I'd've surely caught up with Ray by now, eh?

Then again, Ray would've gone through the stratosphere, too... so no one's ever gonna catch Ray. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.