Where are you? (in your novel)

TellMeAStory

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between earnest application and gleeful
Hilda writes that Pauline is half mad with grief over the death of her sweetheart Ben at the battle of Brunete. Pauline is working herself to death and refuses to eat unless Hilda makes her.

Hilda is going to try a novel technique to cure Irving's infected stump, but she's a nurse, not a doctor, and if found out, will be sent home and drummed out of the profession.

And if Hilda is sent home, what will become of Pauline? Has anybody thought of that? Lily has, and is desperate with helplessness.

Last edited:

prairie

Registered
Reaction score
in the novel

I have completed my second novel and seek beta readers.

underpope

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.underpope.com
I wrote a scene yesterday for one of my works-in-progress wherein my MC's girlfriend reveals her true nature to him. I wrote it from her point of view, and it was an interesting exercise.

Felix

Registered
Reaction score
Finished the 4th round of edits, first from hard copy. Sitting at Staples while it rolls off the printer.

And I'm back at the beginning again in a miserable fog of loss and grief. MC's wife died and he's shedding his skin, paying the bills and nursing his wounds in whiskey.

audibob1

Registered
Reaction score
Beginning on the second chapter, the one where the mysterious third Macy sister is revealed.

Kylie Chanae

Registered
Reaction score
MC from Florida takes a case in Salina KS in 1994 to hunt down a fat man.

redrobin62

Registered
Reaction score
Website
seattlewordsmith.wordpress.com
I'd published my 2nd novel earlier this year. I'm hearing from publishers, though, that one of my new short stories is so complicated I may as well turn it into a full length novel. That sounds like a good idea. I may even go the way of a screenplay since I haven't written one of those in years. In any case, I've decided to flesh out the short story so, to get back to the gist of this thread, I'm in the beginning stages of my new novel, The Black Cumin Cure.

HaHs

Registered
Reaction score
My MC just woke up from a wine-fuelled night to find someone in her bed who most definitely shouldn't be there.

Nerdilydone

Banned
Reaction score
I finished my novel, but I am displeased with it, and am considering rewriting it for NaNo. :D

redrobin62

Registered
Reaction score
Website
seattlewordsmith.wordpress.com
I've abandoned the idea of turning my novelette, The Black Cumin Cure, into a novel. I've just written so much over the past few months that I entered burn-out mode. I did recently finish writing my last collection of stories, Obey the Darkness, and I hope to have that published in a month or so, whether by an outside publisher or by myself.

TellMeAStory

Registered
Reaction score
Lily meets with her employer. Employer is highly displeased, though the infraction cited is bogus, and Lily is able to refute it.

Only after said meeting, does Lily realize that she's committed a genuine infraction, that of treating a patient without a doctor's supervision. She's no better than the friend in Spain who's in danger of being drummed out of the profession.

Vicent

Registered
Reaction score
As I am now? The very beginning, so it's just pretty simple: Urtan's holding the capital world at gunpoint, literally pointing a planetbuster at it and having the surrounding systems cordoned while the army retreats to the Core Hold bar a few token forces in charge of genociding the Koljanta; Felix's just caught wind of the invasion in the east and is starting to beseech other rulers; Octavia's starting to gather her assassins to kill the captain of said planetbuster; Gaius is starting to prepare the uprising.

The JoJo

Licensed to chill
Registered
Reaction score
Two small children have just entered a simulation of prehistoric Africa, and are now on the hunt for a rogue virus.

SKDaley

Registered
Reaction score
Lazarus rescued Fern after she was cast from Captain Pace's flagship to fall to her death. The humans have begun their onslaught, attacking the angels' fleet with cannon and carbines. Fern insists they rejoin the battle, she in her rocket-powered flightsuit and Lazarus on golden wings made of the god's metal. They hope to end the battle by taking out the leaders of the armada, Lazarus' own half-brother and former betrothed.

TellMeAStory

Registered
Reaction score
No no no! Lily must NOT meet with her employer, not yet.

First, she's got to understand her role in her friends' deaths. Yes, she hadn't been able to talk them out of going to fight in the Spanish Civil war, but only stupid, gullible people get talked into or out of things--and then, only by selfish schemers.

Lily is no selfish schemer, even if she sometimes wishes she were. So before she can get on with the business of living, meeting with her employer, getting into scrapes and out of them, she's got to realize it was never her fault those boys died.

Cekrit

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Sage (MC) is confronting Kavita (The sin of or Envy) after tracking her friend Ava to Kavita's Lair. Ava is about 11 at this point, a healer and good soul is found hunting children and singing a sort of lullaby to them as she skips after them. Its twisted given her being the lightest character in the series. The kids end up in Kavita's lair, to be trapped in crystal so Kavita can feed off of their life force/essence.

Sage watches Kavitah speaking with the children from afar, offering deals or death, and Sage realizes Ava must have allowed herself to be controlled by Kavitah to avoid being consumed.

Sage enters as the first child is encrusted in crystal and the second is in danger. She pleads with Ava to come with her but Kavitah's grasp is too strong.

My issue here is I hate hate hate having Sage leave one of the Sins without killing it, and whenever I write a scene where a Sin dies it seems too easy, like more build up needed to happen- but I have 7 to kill within books 2, 3 and 4, and I tend to be pretty fast paced.

I'm just struggling with the conversation between Sage (who died when the god that was imprisoned in her broke free, and then was cast back down to earth by the same god and one other to kill the Sins that formed in their absence) and Kavita (a being that manifested from the neglect of the all soul after those same gods were either captured or emprisoned for 20+ years)

Especially considering this is the second time this novel that a Sin gets away from Sage, and this time running off with her lover's little sister (Ava)

I guess I'm just feeling Sage's frustration.

Last edited:

ancon

Registered
Reaction score
an old woman, on or about her 100 year old birthday, emerges from her home/prison, for the first time in twenty years after being convinced by the local angel/social worker to go to the senior center, and once there, believes she recognizes an old man in a wheelchair, and she tries to brain him with her cane. she believes him to be her river monster who raped her when she was a young woman. it is not him.

Tornadoboy

I bite
Registered
Reaction score
Oddly enough, started in the middle and working my way outward in both directions.
Right now? My male protag is finding out how little he actually knows about the female protag, and that perhaps she's not the tough, arrogant bitch he thought she was. He has a LOT to learn about her and she's a whole different animal when you understand where she's coming from.

Last edited:

joeyc

Registered
Reaction score
Where am I?

Taking a chisel and scalpel to it. The last draft is done. Now it's the touch-up, the detailing, making sure everything pops, watching for filtering.